Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default OT: Rudy sued for $1.3 bil by Dominion

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 09:21:39 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/28/2021 3:35 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:

You are probably right. It makes gold, ammo and MREs an attractive
investment.

I'll pass on each of those since I'm not seeing the upside, but we were
pretty fortunate to be able to buy 250 shares of Gamestop stock at $13 a
week or two ago. Today's closing price was $347.51, giving us a gain of
about $80K in less than 2 weeks.

Probably a good time to unload it before the bubble bursts. I bet a lot
of late comers will get hit hard.

We had a stop loss order in place, updated daily, to trigger a sell if the
stock tanked. As expected, it tanked this morning and the stop loss order
kicked in.

The folks hit hardest were some hedge fund managers who had been betting
that the stock would go down while it was in fact rising. One of them said
today that his fund lost over $1.3 billion and that he'd be selling some of
his prized Apple and target stocks to cover the loss.

Now the Reddit folks are doing it again with a handful of other stocks.
They seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.