Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT: Rudy sued for $1.3 bil by Dominion

On 1/26/2021 9:38 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:12:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, January 25, 2021 at 1:47:00 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:54:27 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Excellent. I can't wait to see Rudy try to show the evidence for
all the lies he put forth. We now have three of these, the other
being Dominion suing Sydney Powell and a D exec suing a bunch
of similar people for defamation. It will be the forum to establish
the facts or lack of them.
I want to see the widow and children of the Capitol policeman murdered
by the mob sue trump. He claims to have money, more money than Rudy.

That's an interesting angle, but probably won't work. Govt officials have broad
immunity from those kinds of suits.

Not if he was acting ultra vires, and a case could be made that that's a
question of fact for the jury. There aren't too many precedents for
actions like his if you start before the election when he said if he
lost there was fraud.

I'm not sure if the article of impeachment includes that, the two months
after the election, the speech, the encouragement he gave them during or
was it right after the attack on Congress. I sure hope so.

The Repubs are certifying their party as the Government Overthrow Party.