Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Appliance lead time

Has anyone put a Whirlpool refrigerator on order lately ?

In the middle of August we put in an order for a new refrigerator at
Queen City. Was told it may be October before it was shipped to them.

OK.

October came and went and no refrigerator.

Things were busy around here and just got them under control. Stopped
in today and the salesman showed me where there were 3 people waiting on
the model we want, but 12 are suppose to be on the way.

We do not need the refrigerator at this time, but the one we have is
around 15 years old and just wanted to replace it before it quit on us
and we had to settle for what was in the stores.

Are other stores that backed up on the Whirlpool refrigerators ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2020 12:07 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Has anyone put a Whirlpool refrigerator on order lately ?

In the middle of August we put in an order for a new refrigerator at
Queen City. Was told it may be October before it was shipped to them.

OK.

October came and went and no refrigerator.

Things were busy around here and just got them under control. Stopped
in today and the salesman showed me where there were 3 people waiting on
the model we want, but 12 are suppose to be on the way.

We do not need the refrigerator at this time, but the one we have is
around 15 years old and just wanted to replace it before it quit on us
and we had to settle for what was in the stores.

Are other stores that backed up on the Whirlpool refrigerators ?

Yes, and it's not only Whirlpool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2020 3:07 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Has anyone put a Whirlpool refrigerator on order lately ?

In the middle of August we put in an order for a new refrigerator at
Queen City. Was told it may be October before it was shipped to them.

OK.

October came and went and no refrigerator.

Things were busy around here and just got them under control. Stopped
in today and the salesman showed me where there were 3 people waiting on
the model we want, but 12 are suppose to be on the way.

We do not need the refrigerator at this time, but the one we have is
around 15 years old and just wanted to replace it before it quit on us
and we had to settle for what was in the stores.

Are other stores that backed up on the Whirlpool refrigerators ?

One of those things we never thought about in the past but the past
year, the world has changed.

https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/...delivery-waits

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:43:15 -0800, RosemontCrest wrote:

On 12/30/2020 12:07 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Has anyone put a Whirlpool refrigerator on order lately ?

In the middle of August we put in an order for a new refrigerator at
Queen City. Was told it may be October before it was shipped to them.

OK.

October came and went and no refrigerator.

Things were busy around here and just got them under control. Stopped
in today and the salesman showed me where there were 3 people waiting on
the model we want, but 12 are suppose to be on the way.

We do not need the refrigerator at this time, but the one we have is
around 15 years old and just wanted to replace it before it quit on us
and we had to settle for what was in the stores.

Are other stores that backed up on the Whirlpool refrigerators ?

Yes, and it's not only Whirlpool.

I ordered a freezer and a washing machine this year.
Had to wait about a month for the freezer and 3 weeks for the washing machine.
First time I ever shopped by availability/shipping date.
Had to find a store that had them in stock. I wouldn't go by "expected" availability.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip of big delivery delays]

A related suggestion: If you don't "need" a specific
model but just something functional, check out the
various used and second hand stores in your area.

The bigger examples are Habitat for Humanity, and
sometimes Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.

There are also likely to be local places somewhere
nearby, some of which are just the two people working
there, and others might be part of a loosely affiliated
chain.

Those can be connected to the rental centers, which
are usually a bad deal whten renting, but will often
sell off the units they've recovered.

Our washer recently died and we got a used one at
a local shop for roughly 1/3 the price of a similar
new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 30 Dec 2020 16:58:19 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I ordered a freezer and a washing machine this year.
Had to wait about a month for the freezer and 3 weeks for the washing machine.
First time I ever shopped by availability/shipping date.
Had to find a store that had them in stock. I wouldn't go by "expected" availability.

Shopping by shipping date sounds like what I often do on ebay. Look for
the lowest price first, then the nearest one to me.

Hey, I do that too. And I think it makes a big differene if something
is 100 miles away vs. 1000. It comes a lot quicker.

One time I wanted to buy something that turned out to be 5 miles away.
He let me come over and pick it up. He was only a mile from the family
I bought it for.

Another time too, but that guy had me meet him in a shopping center
parking lot. He bought estates and sold them online. Maybe he was
afraid of ghosts.

I am just glad that we have not had a refrigerator breakdown like we did
about 30 years ago and had to wait either 2 or 3 days one one to be
delivered. Would hate to wait about 5 months like we may have to on
this refrigeraor. As the wife and I are 70, decided that it is a good
time to replace the 15 year old refrigerator while it is still working
and it may be the last time.

You're going to be saying this again when you're 85.

The refrigerator and washer/dryers are things that are difficult to do
without for a long period of time. We can always eat out or microwave
up a meal if the stove goes out. Wash dishes by hand or paper plates and
cups if the dishwasher quits. The only other that I can think of worse
is the well going out and no water. Or no power for a long period of
time. I do have a generator and wood stove to survive for a few days.

I can use the outside in place of a refrigerator until spring comes. If
I lose the furnace, maybe wrap myself in an electric blanket with a long
cord.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 15:07:00 -0500, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

Has anyone put a Whirlpool refrigerator on order lately ?

In the middle of August we put in an order for a new refrigerator at
Queen City. Was told it may be October before it was shipped to them.

OK.

October came and went and no refrigerator.

Things were busy around here and just got them under control. Stopped
in today and the salesman showed me where there were 3 people waiting on
the model we want, but 12 are suppose to be on the way.

We do not need the refrigerator at this time, but the one we have is
around 15 years old and just wanted to replace it before it quit on us
and we had to settle for what was in the stores.

Are other stores that backed up on the Whirlpool refrigerators ?

I have seen news broadcasts on this topic and all the "white goods" are on b/o.
I don't remember why.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2020 4:33 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

I'm sure some is China tariffs and shortages from virus closings. Even
assembled in USA has China made parts.