Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Appliance lead time

In article ,
says...

I have seen news broadcasts on this topic and all the "white goods" are on b/o.
I don't remember why.

I'm sure some is China tariffs and shortages from virus closings. Even
assembled in USA has China made parts.

This refrigerator is comming out of Mexico from what I was told.

However it would not surprise me if some if not all parts come from
China and is just put together in Mexico.

I do think that 4 1/2 months is still a long time. But it may be that
they only make that particular model run a couple of times a year and
they have not started on it yet.

I don't know how they do it now, but big companies often tool up for a
certain model and make a run of them, then tool up for another model.