Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Appliance lead time

In article ,
says...

I ordered a freezer and a washing machine this year.
Had to wait about a month for the freezer and 3 weeks for the washing machine.
First time I ever shopped by availability/shipping date.
Had to find a store that had them in stock. I wouldn't go by "expected" availability.

Shopping by shipping date sounds like what I often do on ebay. Look for
the lowest price first, then the nearest one to me.

I am just glad that we have not had a refrigerator breakdown like we did
about 30 years ago and had to wait either 2 or 3 days one one to be
delivered. Would hate to wait about 5 months like we may have to on
this refrigeraor. As the wife and I are 70, decided that it is a good
time to replace the 15 year old refrigerator while it is still working
and it may be the last time.

The refrigerator and washer/dryers are things that are difficult to do
without for a long period of time. We can always eat out or microwave
up a meal if the stove goes out. Wash dishes by hand or paper plates and
cups if the dishwasher quits. The only other that I can think of worse
is the well going out and no water. Or no power for a long period of
time. I do have a generator and wood stove to survive for a few days.