Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wind chimes

Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2020 7:45 PM, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Shame you are so far away. I have an awesome set in the garage I'd give
you. I brought from the old house. Deep rich tones, like a church
bell. Just not a good spot for them here. Bought them from a local
garden shop in CT.

Try some of the garden shops and you can at least hear them before you buy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2020 4:45 PM, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Unlike the clangy, tinkle of metal wind chimes, I enjoy the low, mellow
tones of bamboo wind chimes. Here's a few examples:

https://www.weathershack.com/listing...9a58323a029408

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/20 6:45 PM, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

This site lets you listen to a possibilities.
https://www.chimes.com/collections/windchimes
I don't know if it lets you group your top ten to test them one
right after another.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

Cindy Hamiltonb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2020 4:24 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

What neighbors, and how close are they?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 05:19:05 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 10/24/20 6:45 PM, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

This site lets you listen to a possibilities.
https://www.chimes.com/collections/windchimes
I don't know if it lets you group your top ten to test them one
right after another.

If you have a few hours to kill, Google "make your own wind chimes"
and see hundreds of ideas, mostly using stuff you have, can get cheap
or even find in a construction dumpster.
Bothering the neighbors might be an issue but this isn't a barking dog
or a Hells Angels club house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2020 10:25 AM, RosemontCrest wrote:
On 10/25/2020 4:24 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

What neighbors, and how close are they?

Her neighbors have these:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/98657048060370595/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2020 9:42 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 21:30:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/24/2020 7:45 PM, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Shame you are so far away. I have an awesome set in the garage I'd give
you. I brought from the old house. Deep rich tones, like a church
bell. Just not a good spot for them here. Bought them from a local
garden shop in CT.

Try some of the garden shops and you can at least hear them before you buy.

Road trip!

Not too far feched. I may be in PA next month.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas writes:

Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Okay, my 2 cents.

I have a screened porch framed in wood.
We had a bunch of wind chimes out there.
One of them was made of light sheet metal and was hung too close
to the wood framing. Before I noticed, the chime had cut a gouge
in the wood about 1/4 inch deep.

In normal operation it didn't touch anything.
In high wind it did quite a bit of damage.

So, be careful with those things.

Since we installed modern windows I can no longer hear them from inside
with the windows closed.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 04:24:43 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

I like the sound of wind chimes...for about 2-3 seconds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2020 7:24 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

Cindy Hamiltonb

How presumptuous of you when he didn't specify proximity. Must be a
democrat thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

I like the sound of wind chimes...for about 2-3 seconds.

Wind chimes are like farts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:45:47 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so?
I am looking.

Give your neighbors a break, and just don't.

I like the sound of wind chimes...for about 2-3 seconds.

Wind chimes are like farts.

Yes, both are wind powered.

A wild tune: Alaska moose plays wind chimes Oren[_2_] Home Repair 0 May 15th 16 08:58 PM
The chimes, the chimes... Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 30 November 16th 14 07:35 AM
Wired door chimes The Medway Handyman UK diy 19 October 9th 12 05:58 PM
byron doorbell chimes walter UK diy 7 September 20th 09 01:20 PM
Multiple chimes on a single doorbell button DL Home Repair 14 May 24th 05 04:36 PM