Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default byron doorbell chimes

We have a set of Byron SD86 wireless doorbell chimes and the bellpush
is in need of replacement. The SD86 model appears to have been
airbrushed out of history - can't find any mention on Byron's web
site, and B&Q only sell SX and TX models - does anyone know of
anything compatible with the SD range, or have we got to buy a new set
- in which case I'll buy something else from somewhere else, as long
as it has a longer potential lifespan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 19, 1:07*pm, walter wrote:
We have a set of Byron SD86 wireless doorbell chimes and the bellpush
is in need of replacement. The SD86 model appears to have been
airbrushed out of history - can't find any mention on Byron's web
site, and B&Q only sell SX and TX models - does anyone know of
anything compatible with the SD range, or have we got to buy a new set
- in which case I'll buy something else from somewhere else, as long
as it has a longer potential lifespan

Friedland have a range of wireless systems which you can get at the
merchants. Also with theirs you can install the electronic push inside
the house and connect bell wire to a standard external push. They also
have mains/battery option on the receivers. I have mine wired through
timers so the system can be turned off at night. I think they do 2
ranges of wireless and the cheapo version doesn't have those two
features.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Starling wrote:

Friedland have a range of wireless systems

.... and also have a policy of changing the design and dropping support for
the previous, incompatible, versions :-(

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Starling wrote:
On Sep 19, 1:07 pm, walter wrote:
[...]

Am I reading this right - you have a timer to turn your doorbell off at
night??? Why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmmm, quite like the idea of light-up notifiers triggered by timer...
- "Please wait" during sensible hours
- "Go away" during unsensible hours

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:07:51 +0100, walter wrote:

We have a set of Byron SD86 wireless doorbell chimes and the bellpush
is in need of replacement. The SD86 model appears to have been
airbrushed out of history - can't find any mention on Byron's web
site,

Byron CS responded quickly when I asked a question of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"js.b1" wrote in message
Hmmm, quite like the idea of light-up notifiers triggered by timer...
- "Please wait" during sensible hours
- "Go away" during unsensible hours

My Headmaster at junior school had something very similar on his
study door. Must have been about 1960.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/09 12:43, Owain wrote:

On 20 Sep, 00:58, "Graham." wrote:
Hmmm, quite like the idea of light-up notifiers triggered by timer...
- "Please wait" during sensible hours
- "Go away" during unsensible hours

My Headmaster at junior school had something very similar on his
study door. Must have been about 1960.

So did mine, and I copied the idea for my bedroom door.

Oh dear, so did mine, and so did I, nobody took a blind bit of notice
though, I also had a bell wired to my desk drawers.

doorbell Eric Home Repair 9 October 17th 06 05:05 AM
Multiple chimes on a single doorbell button DL Home Repair 14 May 24th 05 05:36 PM
i want a doorbell that.... xrongor Home Repair 9 February 1st 05 03:12 AM
Doorbell that you can shu barry martin Home Repair 2 December 14th 04 12:02 AM