barry martin

Default Doorbell that you can shu

Chemqueries:

C Do any of you know whether there is such a thing as a doorbell that I can s
ut
C off and on from the inside of the house? On weekend mornings, I'd like to
C able to deactivate the doorbell or switch the sound off. I've been to seve
al
C hardware stores and haven't found what I'm looking for. Thanks for any
C suggestions.

As some others indicated, a switch. You might want to consider a
double throw switch so when the doorbell is off a reminder light is
on.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
SQLit

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1279650624.7079.83.2635832.2134772389.RIMEGat ...
Chemqueries:

C Do any of you know whether there is such a thing as a doorbell that I

can s
ut
C off and on from the inside of the house? On weekend mornings, I'd

like to
C able to deactivate the doorbell or switch the sound off. I've been to

seve
al
C hardware stores and haven't found what I'm looking for. Thanks for any
C suggestions.

As some others indicated, a switch. You might want to consider a
double throw switch so when the doorbell is off a reminder light is
on.

Put a time clock on the transformer. My transformer is in the garage and it
would not take much to put an time clock on the 120v side of the
transformer. You will need to purchase a 7 day clock so you can program
just weekends.

#2 put a toggle switch on the wall below the ringy dingy, When you go to
bed move to the off position. It is 18v so almost anything would work.

Tracey

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1279650624.7079.83.2635832.2134772389.RIMEGat ...
Chemqueries:

C Do any of you know whether there is such a thing as a doorbell that I

can s
ut
C off and on from the inside of the house?

My house has a wireless doorbell thing (an aftermarket doorbell, its hard
wired into the house). The doorbell itself has a small battery and the part
that rings inside the house plugs in. When you don't want to be disturbed,
it would be easy enough to just unplug the ringer part.