Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car Shiled advertisemnt

Car Shield has an interesting tv ad, especially one part. After saying
they'll tow your car to the shop you choose at no charge, and they'll
pay for your rentacar, they say -- I forget the exact words -- they will
see that the shop is paid. Not that they will pay the shop.

I'm sure the difference means something. If you had a second car
warranty program and it paid the shop, that would fulfill what CarShield
said, but how many people have two such policies? Are they changing
the ad just for that teeny tiny percentage?

I went to their webpage to look for more details, but the first thint it
wanted was my name, email address, and where I hid my money, So I quit
it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:56:14 -0400, micky
wrote:

Car Shield has an interesting tv ad, especially one part. After saying
they'll tow your car to the shop you choose at no charge, and they'll
pay for your rentacar, they say -- I forget the exact words -- they will
see that the shop is paid. Not that they will pay the shop.

I'm sure the difference means something. If you had a second car
warranty program and it paid the shop, that would fulfill what CarShield
said, but how many people have two such policies? Are they changing
the ad just for that teeny tiny percentage?

I went to their webpage to look for more details, but the first thint it
wanted was my name, email address, and where I hid my money, So I quit
it.

These things are by and large a scam and if you had a car under
warranty, why would you buy another policy for it. These are sold per
car. I bet Clare can tell you some horror stories about trying to get
paid. My guess is the shop bills you and you have to go after the car
shield guys to be reimbursed.
Consumer Reports does not look fondly on these guys.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Car Shield has an interesting tv ad, especially one part. After saying
they'll tow your car to the shop you choose at no charge, and they'll
pay for your rentacar, they say -- I forget the exact words -- they will
see that the shop is paid. Not that they will pay the shop.

I'm sure the difference means something. If you had a second car
warranty program and it paid the shop, that would fulfill what CarShield
said, but how many people have two such policies? Are they changing
the ad just for that teeny tiny percentage?

I went to their webpage to look for more details, but the first thint it
wanted was my name, email address, and where I hid my money, So I quit
it.

Lesson learned.

Here in southern Ontario most of the used car dealers
offer a free "warranty" on the cars they sell -
~ 60 - 90 days .. through a variety of companies -
- buyer beware - read the small print - I've had one good
experience - but it was a ~ $ 250. fix -
a $ 2500. fix would be a totally different story .

They all prey on fear and try to up-sell to a better plan.

Also - the __ information gathering __
is a whole 'nother business ! Big Tyme !
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Car Shield has an interesting tv ad, especially one part. After saying
they'll tow your car to the shop you choose at no charge, and they'll
pay for your rentacar, they say -- I forget the exact words -- they will
see that the shop is paid. Not that they will pay the shop.

I'm sure the difference means something. If you had a second car
warranty program and it paid the shop, that would fulfill what CarShield
said, but how many people have two such policies? Are they changing
the ad just for that teeny tiny percentage?

I went to their webpage to look for more details, but the first thint it
wanted was my name, email address, and where I hid my money, So I quit
it.

These things are by and large a scam and if you had a car under
warranty, why would you buy another policy for it. These are sold per

Of course they also sell it for any car up to 150,000 miles. I wanted
to find out the rate, but I stopped when they wanted my email address
and that of my friends

I bought my car with 130,000 miles or so. Put on new brake pads to get
inspected and registered and disks because he talked me into it,
andmaybe new wiper blades and since then,. I don't drive much but in
the first 10,000 miles 2 headlight bulbs and a fog light.

car. I bet Clare can tell you some horror stories about trying to get
paid. My guess is the shop bills you and you have to go after the car
shield guys to be reimbursed.

That would account for their wording.

Consumer Reports does not look fondly on these guys.

Hmmm.