Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car Shiled advertisemnt

On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:56:14 -0400, micky
wrote:

Car Shield has an interesting tv ad, especially one part. After saying
they'll tow your car to the shop you choose at no charge, and they'll
pay for your rentacar, they say -- I forget the exact words -- they will
see that the shop is paid. Not that they will pay the shop.

I'm sure the difference means something. If you had a second car
warranty program and it paid the shop, that would fulfill what CarShield
said, but how many people have two such policies? Are they changing
the ad just for that teeny tiny percentage?

I went to their webpage to look for more details, but the first thint it
wanted was my name, email address, and where I hid my money, So I quit
it.

These things are by and large a scam and if you had a car under
warranty, why would you buy another policy for it. These are sold per
car. I bet Clare can tell you some horror stories about trying to get
paid. My guess is the shop bills you and you have to go after the car
shield guys to be reimbursed.
Consumer Reports does not look fondly on these guys.