Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home improvement?

For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 21 Sep 2020 10:38:05 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

I assume they are sneering about the fact that the cupboard under
the sink sticks out past the counter top on the right hand end.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:00:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

One of my wife's favorites was "pros" screwing up and nobody saying
anything.
The framers screwed up the truss package and there was a 2x4 sticking
out into the room. The rockers drywalled around it, the trim carpenter
put crown around it and the painters painted it. She caught it doing
the QA where another FM looks at a colleague's house.
She says guys never look up.

Then there was the house they built in the road. (it was on the wrong
side of the survey stakes). Nobody caught that either. They ended up
having to replat the road. and swap 4 lots. It was lucky they didn't
do the house behind it yet. That is the danger when you are prairie
building
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

I assume they are sneering about the fact that the cupboard under
the sink sticks out past the counter top on the right hand end.

Everything. The sink, countertop cut, and cupboard should all be parallel.
None of them are.

The countertop cut should be the same angle at both ends, but it
looks like the left-hand cut is more obtuse than the right-hand cut.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:05:50 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

I was wondering the same thing.
John T.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-09-21 10:00, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

Laughed pretty hard!
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.

It's a bad execution of a bad idea. Corner sinks suck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 22 Sep 2020 05:44:03 +1000, "%%"
wrote:

.. .
" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

I assume they are sneering about the fact that the cupboard under
the sink sticks out past the counter top on the right hand end.

Oh, yeah. How did I miss that. That would drive me crazy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:05:50 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

It will hit the electric outlet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:46:19 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:00:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

One of my wife's favorites was "pros" screwing up and nobody saying
anything.
The framers screwed up the truss package and there was a 2x4 sticking
out into the room. The rockers drywalled around it, the trim carpenter
put crown around it and the painters painted it. She caught it doing
the QA where another FM looks at a colleague's house.
She says guys never look up.

It wasn't so much a mistake but that the trim guy showed up before the
tile floor in the front hall was done. In a house a co-worker was
building. So the guy put the baseboards just above the tile where there
was tile, and just above the subfloor where there was no tile. I guess
you could have a robot do his job.

They had a powder room just off the front hall, and the made the door
open inward. So once you were inside you were in the way to shut the
door and the door was in the way if you wanted to use the toilet. My
house cost 1/3 of what hers did but at least my powder room door opens
outward.

Then there was the house they built in the road. (it was on the wrong
side of the survey stakes). Nobody caught that either. They ended up
having to replat the road. and swap 4 lots. It was lucky they didn't
do the house behind it yet. That is the danger when you are prairie
building

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with
the wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.

That is normal in Micky's World.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:00:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

One of my wife's favorites was "pros" screwing up and nobody saying
anything.
The framers screwed up the truss package and there was a 2x4 sticking
out into the room. The rockers drywalled around it, the trim carpenter
put crown around it and the painters painted it. She caught it doing
the QA where another FM looks at a colleague's house.
She says guys never look up.

It wasn't so much a mistake but that the trim guy showed up before the
tile floor in the front hall was done. In a house a co-worker was
building. So the guy put the baseboards just above the tile where there
was tile, and just above the subfloor where there was no tile. I guess
you could have a robot do his job.

Scheduling your trades is perhaps the most important part of building
a house. Some you can stack, others need the house to themselves but
there is always a sequence that must be followed. It was my wife's
specialty. She had the kitchen and bath trick down and was knocking
them out almost twice as fast as the guys. When you are building
production houses, even expensive ones, time is money. Her typical
bonus per house was $4,000 - $6,000 there towards the end.
(Based on completion time, under budget and customer satisfaction)
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.

Mikey's seen so many done that way it didn't register??
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.

It's a bad execution of a bad idea. Corner sinks suck.

They suck, but sometimes they're unavoidable. My first house had one,
and when we remodeled the kitchen we left the sink in the corner.

I wash every conceivable thing in the dishwasher, so I never spent
much time standing at the corner sink.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

I've never once considered the effects of an earthquake or hurricane
on my domicile.

My dishwasher is up against a wall.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

I've never once considered the effects of an earthquake or hurricane
on my domicile.

You're not Micky, and we're thankful for that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

I've never once considered the effects of an earthquake or hurricane
on my domicile.

Is that because you do not live in those zones?

My dishwasher is up against a wall.

Cindy Hamilton

I have thought that cabinet doors with a button to open them, like they
have in boats, would make sense in earthquake country.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?
My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.
So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

I've never once considered the effects of an earthquake or hurricane
on my domicile.

Is that because you do not live in those zones?

Yep.

My dishwasher is up against a wall.

Cindy Hamilton

I have thought that cabinet doors with a button to open them, like they
have in boats, would make sense in earthquake country.

There are all sorts of latching cabinet hardware. I'd certainly have some
if I lived in earthquake country.

We've had, if I recall correctly, three earthquakes here in my lifetime. At least,
three that made the news. I didn't notice a darned thing for any of them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

I've never once considered the effects of an earthquake or hurricane
on my domicile.

My dishwasher is up against a wall.

Cindy Hamilton

If an earthquake prevents it from opening you may have other, more
important, concerns. Such as getting the refrigerator out of the big
crack in the floor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?
My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.
So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

I've never once considered the effects of an earthquake or hurricane
on my domicile.

My dishwasher is up against a wall.

Cindy Hamilton

If an earthquake prevents it from opening you may have other, more
important, concerns. Such as getting the refrigerator out of the big
crack in the floor.

Luckily, our fridge is in the part of the house that's over a crawlspace. So
it won't have too far to fall. Perhaps the olive jar will survive and we can still
have martinis.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.

It's a bad execution of a bad idea. Corner sinks suck.

They suck, but sometimes they're unavoidable. My first house had one,
and when we remodeled the kitchen we left the sink in the corner.

I wash every conceivable thing in the dishwasher, so I never spent
much time standing at the corner sink.

Me too. The most I use the sink for now is when tip the cup of
frozen peas and corn into the sieve after its been microwaved
before it's added to the plate for the main evening meal most days.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/21/2020 1:45 PM, wrote:
On 9/21/20 1:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

In the 1st pic with dishwasher, what is that thing under the window ?

My question too.

Looks like something to house a curtain or shade but that normally would
be above. Slot looks too narrow for a planter.

So all they have to do is take it off

Though I'm n ot sure it 's a good idea to put the dishwasher right
against the wall. If there's an earthquake it won't open anymore.

Can't see that and we dont have enough of those to matter.

I've never once considered the effects of an
earthquake or hurricane on my domicile.

I have and know it will survive both fine.

My dishwasher is up against a wall.

So is mine. Its the only really viable place for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 03:57??? WTF is WRONG with this 86-year-old trolling senile troll?

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 03:57:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:57??? Is it that time of the night again, you senile troll?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2020 6:21 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 8:45:25 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Luckily, our fridge is in the part of the house that's over a crawlspace. So
it won't have too far to fall. Perhaps the olive jar will survive and we can still
have martinis.

Cindy Hamilton

Olives are an awful thing to do to good gin. If you must flavor your
drink, use a twist of lemon peel.

--
My wife asked me to take her to one of those restaurants where they make
the food right in front of you. So I took her to Subway...and thats how

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:15 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For the lesser skilled
https://imgur.com/gallery/xAZpNRZ

I like the final picture. The jumble of wires fits in nicely with the
wallpaper pattern.

Cindy Hamilton

I ddin't understand the second one, the little stainless sink the
corner with cabinets underneath.

Look again and notice how the cabinets and countertop align.

It's a bad execution of a bad idea. Corner sinks suck.

They suck, but sometimes they're unavoidable. My first house had one,
and when we remodeled the kitchen we left the sink in the corner.

I wash every conceivable thing in the dishwasher, so I never spent
much time standing at the corner sink.

Cindy Hamilton

I put our sink in the corner on purpose . The area behind it is a
great location for a few house plants ... especially since there are 2
windows behind the sink . One faces north and the other faces west .
Both look out on the woods that surround the house .
--
Snag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2020 6:21 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 8:45:25 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Luckily, our fridge is in the part of the house that's over a crawlspace. So
it won't have too far to fall. Perhaps the olive jar will survive and we can still
have martinis.

Cindy Hamilton

Olives are an awful thing to do to good gin. If you must flavor your
drink, use a twist of lemon peel.

I'm actually vanishingly unlikely to ever drink a martini. I hate hard liquor
and will only drink it if it's really diluted. Even most wines are too harsh
with the taste of alcohol.

But olives are among the few things that are in a glass jar in the fridge.
Anchovies are in glass, but I figured after an earthquake a martini made
a better joke than anything with anchovies.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2020 6:21 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 8:45:25 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Luckily, our fridge is in the part of the house that's over a crawlspace. So
it won't have too far to fall. Perhaps the olive jar will survive and we can still
have martinis.

Cindy Hamilton

Olives are an awful thing to do to good gin. If you must flavor your
drink, use a twist of lemon peel.

I'm actually vanishingly unlikely to ever drink a martini. I hate hard liquor
and will only drink it if it's really diluted. Even most wines are too harsh
with the taste of alcohol.

But olives are among the few things that are in a glass jar in the fridge.
Anchovies are in glass, but I figured after an earthquake a martini made
a better joke than anything with anchovies.

Cindy Hamilton

I read about a refrigerator that was tossed around during an earthquake,
the jar of anchovies broke, and they crawled out and dirtied up every
room in the house.

I read it on Infowars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2020 6:21 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 8:45:25 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

Luckily, our fridge is in the part of the house that's over a crawlspace. So
it won't have too far to fall. Perhaps the olive jar will survive and we can still
have martinis.

Cindy Hamilton

Olives are an awful thing to do to good gin. If you must flavor your
drink, use a twist of lemon peel.

I'm actually vanishingly unlikely to ever drink a martini. I hate hard liquor
and will only drink it if it's really diluted. Even most wines are too harsh
with the taste of alcohol.

But olives are among the few things that are in a glass jar in the fridge.
Anchovies are in glass, but I figured after an earthquake a martini made
a better joke than anything with anchovies.

Cindy Hamilton

Don't you be disrespectin' anchovies, lady. They're my favorite pizza
topping!

--
My wife asked me to take her to one of those restaurants where they make
the food right in front of you. So I took her to Subway...and thats how
the fight started.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 9/22/2020 6:21 AM, wrote:
[...]

Me too but I wouldnt be celebrating having survived
an earthquake with a pizza.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Who or What is Rod Speed?"

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2020 6:21 AM, wrote:
[...]

I like anchovies, or I wouldn't have a jar of them in my fridge. Just not on
pizza. Mainly on salads or in pasta puttanesca.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/23/2020 04:21 AM, wrote:
I like anchovies, or I wouldn't have a jar of them in my fridge. Just not on
pizza. Mainly on salads or in pasta puttanesca.

Spaghetti ala hooker?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 9:49:04 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 09/23/2020 04:21 AM, wrote:
I like anchovies, or I wouldn't have a jar of them in my fridge. Just not on
pizza. Mainly on salads or in pasta puttanesca.

Spaghetti ala hooker?

Yep. That's the translation.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/23/2020 04:21 AM, wrote:
I like anchovies, or I wouldn't have a jar of them in my fridge. Just not on
pizza. Mainly on salads or in pasta puttanesca.

Spaghetti ala hooker?

Yep. That's the translation.

In Guatamala one afternoon, we were by a school for children, and one or
two of them taught us all the dirty Spanish words. I couldn't remember
any because I was trying mostly to remember words I could actually use,
except someone, a kid or someone, taught us hijo de la gran puta, a
popular expression there, or so he said. Not a recipe, just an
insult. And no cognate in English afaik, which is fairly unusual.

Cindy Hamilton