Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Home improvement?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 23 Sep 2020 07:05:12 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 9:49:04 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 09/23/2020 04:21 AM, wrote:
I like anchovies, or I wouldn't have a jar of them in my fridge. Just not on
pizza. Mainly on salads or in pasta puttanesca.

Spaghetti ala hooker?

Yep. That's the translation.

In Guatamala one afternoon, we were by a school for children, and one or
two of them taught us all the dirty Spanish words. I couldn't remember
any because I was trying mostly to remember words I could actually use,
except someone, a kid or someone, taught us hijo de la gran puta, a
popular expression there, or so he said. Not a recipe, just an
insult. And no cognate in English afaik, which is fairly unusual.

Cindy Hamilton