Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Michael Caputo

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 15 Sep 2020 08:34:20 -0400, micky
wrote:

......Mr. Caputo predicted that the president would win re-election in
November, but that his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., would
refuse to concede, leading to violence. “And when Donald Trump refuses
to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said.
“The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.”

A possible scenario according to Luntz and one other is that:

More Democrats will vote by mail.
More Reps will vote in person.
Mail ballots are counted before election day in a few states -- florida
starts 20 days in advance iiuc -- but most don't start until election
day, which means the day after (and maybe the day after that if everyone
is tired.)
So on election night, stumpie will be ahead, but as the mail in ballots
are counted, Biden will pull ahead and trump will refuse to ackknowledge
the final vote by which he loses. So the idea that armed police wi ll
be needed to remove him from the WH is more likely than without the
virus. I hope he isn't shot 20 times resisting removal

Luntz has been mostly a Republican over the years, but this notion does
not depend on who is suggesting it. I think someone on NPR also
suggested it, I didn't get his name.

Luntz says it doesn't matter what trump or Biden think (or do, I guess)
but what the people think. I guess he meant the trouble-makers within
them, who iiuc he's predicting will cause great trouble, including
violence. He didn't mention courts. I guess he thinks the ballot
results will be clear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I saw that exact scenario described yesterday in an opinion piece on
www.fivethirtyeight.com.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nd-wont-leave/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

"He claimed millions voted illageally when he *won*. "

What would you do if you were a gereral in your state's national guard
when trump tried to nationalize it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

......Mr. Caputo predicted that the president would win re-election in
November, but that his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., would
refuse to concede, leading to violence. €śAnd when Donald Trump refuses
to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,€ť he said.
€śThe drills that youve seen are nothing.€ť

[...]

trump knows he can't really win, and he is panicking, because he knows
he will be going to prison when he cannot obstruct justice anymore and
they really investigate his actions before and while in office. He knows
damned well what he has illegally done.

Anyone that cannot see what a threat to the constitution trumps actions
have been is blind to reality.

He said again at his rally that he wants 4 more years, and then 4 more
years after that. Constitution be damned I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Maybe he was referring to prison?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I can go with that. We will just change his residence, but he can retain
his public housing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

He can eat generic nuggets every Tuesday, just like everyone else in his
cellblock, and if he wants a hairdresser he'll have to perform favors. Lord
knows he has the lips and mouth for it. Just watch him speak.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

As a career military member, I only remember disobeying a direct order one
time. That's how firmly that's instilled in us.

In my case, doing as I was ordered would have destroyed an F-16 aircraft
and kill the 8-12 people who were currently working on and around it. Even
with those stakes, including repeated threats of court martial, loss of
rank, and dishonorable discharge, it was hard to refuse. When all was said
and done, I was fine, but the guy giving the orders didn't fare as well.

Even with that said, I think your hypothetical General would do what he or
she is told. If you're betting, that's where you should place your money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

......Mr. Caputo predicted that the president would win re-election in

Caputo is taking a 2 or 3 month leave, because of the nonsense he said.
Somehow he will be more sane after 3 months.

[...]

What was his reason for the order, and why didn't he change his mind
when you pointed out the consequences? Was it during combat, at least
somewhere near combat?

Even with that said, I think your hypothetical General would do what he or
she is told. If you're betting, that's where you should place your money.

I'm not going to bet against my country.

I can imagine the general agreeing to be nationalized, but then wanting
to study the situation before following the next order, and dragging
that out as long as he can. I've read that when the nazis told the
Italians to deport all the Jews in Italy and whatever land** the
Italians had conquered so far, in order to murder them, the Italian
general in charge said they had to do a census of the Jews first***, and
that took over a year, close to 2. Acc. to what I read, even after he
died, his replacement continued the census requirement. I forget how
that part ended, maybe with the Italian surrender to the Americans,
after which the nazis took control of the land the US had not yet
captured. In Sept. 1943.

**Southern coastal France, Trieste (a free city?) , Albania,
***This is not to say that none of the Italians and the govt. did bad
and even terrible things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

......Mr. Caputo predicted that the president would win re-election in

Caputo is taking a 2 or 3 month leave, because of the nonsense he said.
Somehow he will be more sane after 3 months.

I saw that Caputo had hired his own personal scientist, which is odd given
that the entire organization is chock full of scientists, but that guy
reportedly left for good when Caputo announced his LOA.

[...]

It was during a peacetime major NATO exercise and he was singularly focused
on doing a task that, in his mind, would mean our unit was successful and
as a result, we would have bragging rights and we wouldn't have to repeat
the exercise for an extended period of time. I wasn't able to break through
to him that if I were to do as he ordered, we'd lose an aircraft, (I
pointed to it), and we would lose everyone in the vicinity of that
aircraft, (I pointed to them, as well). The situation resolved, rather
awkwardly, when a superior officer arrived on scene. The whole thing was
surreal.

[...]

Yep, sometimes there is internal resistance like that. In our current
administration here in this country, they would be called the Deep State.
I'd call them patriots.