Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why is this?

We're unable to ship this item to homes and stores in: AK GU HI PR VI

Home Depot and other places. This is 100' of coax. Why can't they ship
that? And what do those poor people in Guam and Hawaii do for cable?
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:

We're unable to ship this item to homes and stores in: AK GU HI PR VI

Home Depot and other places. This is 100' of coax. Why can't they
ship that? And what do those poor people in Guam and Hawaii do for
cable?

My guess is it has to do with shipping costs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2020 12:01 PM, micky wrote:
We're unable to ship this item to homes and stores in: AK GU HI PR VI

Home Depot and other places. This is 100' of coax. Why can't they ship
that? And what do those poor people in Guam and Hawaii do for cable?

Dunno for sure, but those are the states/territories/locales with higher
building code requirements; I would guess it's related to that somehow.

100' RG6 weighs 5 lb so while shipping anything off lower 48 is
expensive, can't see that would likely be the limiting factor if
somebody wanted to pay the tab.

As for cable there, one would purchase from a local distributor who's
already shipped it in...or keep looking until you find an approved
product from somebody who can ship it...but it'll probably be cheaper
locally than one-time shipping charges where the distributor can spread
it out over larger quantities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2020 4:11 PM, dpb wrote:
On 8/5/2020 12:01 PM, micky wrote:
Â* We're unable to ship this item to homes and stores in: AK GU HI PR VI

Home Depot and other places.Â* This is 100' of coax.Â* Why can't they ship
that?Â* AndÂ* what do those poor people in Guam and Hawaii do for cable?

--

Amazon just bought another dozen Boeing 767s for their air-cargo fleet.Â* I suspect they can ship it to Guam and Hawaii.

Shower head - why, why, why? :-) gareth UK diy 7 May 22nd 15 09:51 PM
Why oh why? John UK diy 24 May 18th 13 03:07 PM
O/T: Why, Why, Why Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 0 April 20th 13 08:54 PM
Why, oh why??? Brent Beal Woodworking 38 February 19th 06 08:16 PM
NYW Shop Clock..why oh why GeeDubb Woodworking 37 February 17th 06 12:45 AM