Posted to rec.woodworking
Brent Beal

Default Why, oh why???

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle
east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the
reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in
them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war.
then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts
apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's
morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting
around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joseph Connors

Amen!

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:44:26 -0500, "Brent Beal"
wrote:

Let's get this group back to its topic.

You won't. That's because the jerks who do it don't do it for
altruistic reasons. They just like being jerks. Moderating is no
good either. I've quit other moderated groups because the moderator
was the biggest jerk of the lot. Welcome to the internet.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

If no one replied to them, they would soon disappear. Unfortunately, some
people are so irritated by the posts( me too ) that they feel compelled to
respond. What happens then is the post I've filtered doesn't show up but the
reply marked ...... does show up, usually quoted.

Just keep setting filters and do not respond - this too shall pass as does
all this type of crap. Of course, there will be new crap to replace it -
but - that's the 'net folks!

Just MNSHO,

Vic

"Brent Beal" wrote in message
Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the
middle east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of
the reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do
die in them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the
war. then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your
posts apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so,
that's morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep
getting around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article , "Brent Beal" wrote:
Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle
east?

Because you're not using the proper filtering software. I haven't seen any of
those posts for weeks.

Filtering has been discussed in great depth on this newsgroup. Search the
Google archives for mentions of "Nfilter", paying particular attention to
posts from Robert Bonomi and myself. I think Robert still has the program
available on his website, or you can download a copy of it from me at
http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe as a self-extracting zip file.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
1968.9.44.64

WOW you've been crying about it for way to long ya poor thing.....

So asshole what about the guys who can't whine about it anymore, the dead
ones? Eh Dickhead!

"Brent Beal" wrote in message
Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the
middle east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of
the reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do
die in them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the
war. then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your
posts apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so,
that's morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep
getting around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Review these threads in particular the last one. May shed some light on
the source or atleast provocation for the troll who appeared not so
long after. BTW bye bye Tom

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...d343648daf273b

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...516c1e14ef36fc

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...a969f683d8193b

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...ae9c6cace0367c

Brent Beal wrote:
Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle
east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the
reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in
them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war.
then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts
apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's
morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting
around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:44:26 -0500, Brent Beal wrote:

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle
east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the
reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in
them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war.
then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts
apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's
morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting
around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

I agree, more or less. The only way to solve this particular probel is to
killfile the nutcase. I don't use Outhouse Excess but AFAIK, even it
supports killfiles (or BoZo-Bins, depending on the terminology).

--
Keith

Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 03:35:25 +0000, 1968.9.44.64 wrote:

Ya poor kid.................but I have a probel too

Really? Me? ^^^^^^

Ya' friggin' nutcase!

--
Keith

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

1968.9.44.64 wrote:

your just a clueless **** who only runs his valueless suck!

You know, at first I was amused by your repeated brain dead reply to
post after post.

Now I know why.

You're not brain dead. You're tired.

I did a little searching. You're a busy boy aren't you? Regular power
poster you are. You're making a career out of being an idiot on
usenet.

Also noticed out of your thousands of raves... in several groups...
using at least a handful of anonymous aliases... quite a few had no
strokers in all usenet history... You might use several names, but you
do leave trails like a puppy with diarrhea.

I see you have kids. Do they know this is what you do all day? Do they
know pop is one of those internet nutjobs they always hear about?

The next time you go spewing forth about lonely asswipes with no life
running their valueless suck, I'll think of you as their King.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
2001.9.11.9.45

Listen to you turdboy.......I guess your Kill file er bozo
bin................. not working so good huh LOSER?

If I'm nuts............. that would make you Certified! **** talker!

The only way to solve this particular probel is to
killfile the nutcase. I don't use Outhouse Excess but AFAIK, even it
supports killfiles (or BoZo-Bins, depending on the terminology).

--
Keith

"Keith" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 03:35:25 +0000, 1968.9.44.64 wrote:

Ya poor kid.................but I have a probel too

Really? Me? ^^^^^^

Ya' friggin' nutcase!

--
Keith

Posted to rec.woodworking
2001.9.11.9.45

Default Why, oh why??? - it's OT

You must be one hellofafaggotoldman..............

You know your full of ****, you know you chow down on it any chance you get.
You attack me from every angle huh asswipe, like you actually might know
something or be right for once. Your as stupid as they come. See unlike you
I fear no one, and I'd tell you to **** off or **** off anyplace and time.

How long have you been bi-polar and a latent homosexual?

"J T" wrote in message
Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 1:45am (EST+5)
(1968.9.44.64) doth burble:
your just a clueless **** who only runs his valueless suck!

Hi there Buttercup. Still disrespecting our military casualties,
and their families. I see. You're still not showing much in the way of
communication skills either - what you wrote, makes no sense at all.
Hmm, let me amend that a bit, no sense to anyone not a troll. Makes
sense to you tho, eh? You really ought to get a social life, and try
talking to real girls.

You're a sad individual Buttercup. You're very free with your
words and abuse, when you know you are immune to retribution. Consider
this tho, you know wouldn't say any of those things to anyone's face.
And why not? Certainly nothing to do with politeness. Me, I don't
think I've ever said anything here I wouldn't say to someone's face, at
least not said intentionally. No, it's because you'd get pounded. So
you come here, where no one knows who your are, and you can expect no
retaliation in return, to spew your venom. It would be a minor factor in
your favor, if you were modestly entertaining, or amusing. You've
proved repeatedly to be neither. You must have a sad life. Better luck
next life Buttercup.

JOAT
If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about
Hilary Clinton.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

I don't disagree in spirit about off-topic posts. However, that
you are able to ignore the killing being done in our names, and
the harm both to the Iraqis and to our own citizens (wait 'til
you see how many veterans kill themselves after returning home)
is proof that someone needs to shove it in your face constantly.

NOBODY should be able to ignore it. Whether you're in favor or
against, you should have a VERY STRONG OPINION on all the carnage
our government is carrying out while bankrupting our economy
and destroying a generation.

Brent Beal wrote:
Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle
east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the
reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in
them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war.
then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts
apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's
morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting
around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Mike Berger wrote:

NOBODY should be able to ignore it. Whether you're in favor or
against, you should have a VERY STRONG OPINION

I disagree, but it's certainly a fair request.

on all the carnage
our government is carrying out while bankrupting our economy
and destroying a generation.

Damn, I knew there was a catch.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joseph Connors

"destroying a generation" ... thats a little hyperbole isn't it!
As far as the vets are concerned, virtually every returning vet I have
seen interviewed seemed very positive about what was being done in Iraq.
They say the people there are very grateful for our help.
I do think there is a tremendous amount of "spinning" going on
regarding the war. The thing I pay attention to is what are the vets
saying, and they seem positive. Personally, after removing Saddam
Hussein, I think we should have withdrawn. Mission accomplished.

Brent Beal wrote:

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the
middle east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one
of the reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is
hell.People do die in them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If
you are against the war. then go to the appropriate group and vent
there. The only way your posts apply to woodworking would be the
caskets used later on. If so, that's morbid. I've tried the kill file
and message blocker but they keep getting around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
Those with the gold, make the rules!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Joseph Connors wrote:

"destroying a generation" ... thats a little hyperbole isn't it!
As far as the vets are concerned, virtually every returning vet
I have
seen interviewed seemed very positive about what was being done in
Iraq. They say the people there are very grateful for our help.

Oh goodness, you can't say that. Can't you see all the death and
destruction? Can't you see that the country is going into the toilet
over this? Can't you see that we've been lied to and this is all about
corporate greed? C'mon man, get with the program!

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
2001.9.11.9.45

See wrong again your batting ZERO like Bush.............

Not tired, just more selective.....

So puppy dawg me moron if that's all you have to do!

Pretty ****ing pathetic if you ask me.......................

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
1968.9.44.64 wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
2001.9.11.9.45

I have relatives in the Marines, Navy and Air Force. All of them would give
their right arms to be in Afghanistan....

Only the hero wannabe's, those with little or no self esteem trying to
"prove" himself will take what he can get like Iraq!

Brent Beal wrote:

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the
middle east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one
of the reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People
do die in them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are
against the war. then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The
only way your posts apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later
on. If so, that's morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker
but they keep getting around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

--
Joseph Connors
The New Golden Rule:
Those with the gold, make the rules!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

wrote:
Let's get this group back to its topic.

You won't. That's because the jerks who do it don't do it for
altruistic reasons. They just like being jerks. Moderating is no
good either. I've quit other moderated groups because the moderator
was the biggest jerk of the lot. Welcome to the internet.

That's exactly right. I am more sick of the people who bitch and
whine about things being off-topic (while being off-topic themselves)
than I am of the spammers. I can filter out the spam. I can just
ignore it. What gets me are these clueless retards who think everyone
else has to cater to their whims because they're too dim to set up the
filters on their newsreaders.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Ignore it. Learn to filter it.
Don't download off-topic threads. Just shut the hell up about it!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brent Beal

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
I don't ignore it. I come here to read about woodworking and one or two
posts on an OT subject I don't mind, but the constant reminder everyday and
sometimes ten or more daily is just more than enough.

If he wants to ramble on his political beliefs, then by damn go to a
political group or site and do it there.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brent Beal

wrote:
Let's get this group back to its topic.

You won't. That's because the jerks who do it don't do it for
altruistic reasons. They just like being jerks. Moderating is no
good either. I've quit other moderated groups because the moderator
was the biggest jerk of the lot. Welcome to the internet.

I wasn't whining, I have read this group since its creation. After all
of those years, it just gets old.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Taylor

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:45:09 -0500, "Brent Beal"
wrote:

If he wants to ramble on his political beliefs, then by damn go to a
political group or site and do it there.

As long as people keep responding to and/or complaining about the
troll, he's going to keep rambling on right here. Because his
*entire* *purpose* *in* *life* is to irritate people like you. Until
you ignore him, he will not go away.

Stop feeding the trolls.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

Posted to rec.woodworking
2001.9.11.9.45

First off Morons if it was only my political believes you'd be getting
BushBull****.....Endlessly!

No one, shows any respect for these guy's who aren't coming back.........and
it's way to much for your little tiny ass to deal with.

Find a nice tiny whole and squeal away!

wrote:

If he wants to ramble on his political beliefs, then by damn go to a
political group or site and do it there.

As long as people keep responding to and/or complaining about the
troll, he's going to keep rambling on right here. Because his
*entire* *purpose* *in* *life* is to irritate people like you. Until
you ignore him, he will not go away.

Stop feeding the trolls.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:47:57 -0500, "Brent Beal"
wrote:

I wasn't whining, I have read this group since its creation. After all
of those years, it just gets old.

Then you should understand the basics of Usenet. There is no control,
it's free speech at it's finest. That means that you have to take the
good with the bad. Nobody can tell you what to say and what not to
say, but by the same token, you can't stop anyone else.

You're the one who has to control what you choose to see, nobody else
is going to do it for you.
Posted to rec.woodworking
DC

Brent Beal wrote:
Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle
east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the
reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in
them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war.
then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts
apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's
morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting
around it somehow.
Let's get this group back to its topic.
My2cents worth.

For those amongst you that know how to implement this, here is my
solution:

[rec.woodworking]
Sco =-9999 %[OT] Political Post
From: [^a-z]