Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Minneapolis City Council ABOLISHES Police, Gets Private Security!

Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

--
Demolitioncrats are destroying America!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

Lock and load!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2020 6:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

Police should all call in sick for a couple of days. That may change
the vote.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/29/2020 04:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

That's as rich as Madame Feinstein's concealed carry permit. One can
only hope they selected their private security as well as Indira Gandhi.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:29:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/29/2020 6:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

Police should all call in sick for a couple of days. That may change
the vote.

If anything, that should hurry the process to abolish the police force as
it currently exists. For Police officers who don't take their
responsibilities seriously and call in sick as a form of protest, their
exit from public service can't come soon enough.

The big question will be whether the Police 2.0 will actually do better. I
don't think there's any guarantee of that. Hope is a weak strategy and
makes a very thin plan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 6:39:33 PM UTC-4, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

--
Demolitioncrats are destroying America!

They're the duly elected government of Minneapolis. Why do you hate
democracy?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2020 1:14 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:29:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/29/2020 6:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

Police should all call in sick for a couple of days. That may change
the vote.

If anything, that should hurry the process to abolish the police force as
it currently exists. For Police officers who don't take their
responsibilities seriously and call in sick as a form of protest, their
exit from public service can't come soon enough.

The big question will be whether the Police 2.0 will actually do better. I
don't think there's any guarantee of that. Hope is a weak strategy and
makes a very thin plan.

Before abandoning the old force they should have a plan. OK, they made
a big show with their vote but now what? Sadly, a lot of people
actually thing NO police are needed.

Reform may be needed but handling it wrong, making all police into bad
guys, will end up with a **** show that can last for years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2020 7:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/30/2020 1:14 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:29:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/29/2020 6:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

Police should all call in sick for a couple of days.Â* That may change
the vote.

If anything, that should hurry the process to abolish the police force as
it currently exists. For Police officers who don't take their
responsibilities seriously and call in sick as a form of protest, their
exit from public service can't come soon enough.

The big question will be whether the Police 2.0 will actually do
better. I
don't think there's any guarantee of that. Hope is a weak strategy and
makes a very thin plan.

Before abandoning the old force they should have a plan.Â* OK, they made
a big show with their vote but now what?Â* Sadly, a lot of people
actually thing NO police are needed.

Reform may be needed but handling it wrong, making all police into bad
guys, will end up with a **** show that can last for years.

And that is what they are doing. Making a plan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 10:00:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Right. That's essentially the question I asked above. I think they (Mpls)
need to move fairly quickly, before things deteriorate further. The police
situation could become even more unstable now that they know change is
coming.

Sadly, a lot of people actually thing NO police are needed.

I haven't seen that, but I don't doubt it. I think what's needed is a
drastic reduction in the size and scope of police forces. For decades, the
mantra has been, "We need more cops on the street." Like a pendulum, I
think we've swung way past where we need to be. Reducing the force is going
to be a lot harder than growing it, though.

Reform may be needed but handling it wrong, making all police into bad
guys, will end up with a **** show that can last for years.

Certainly a possibility.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2020 3:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 6:39:33 PM UTC-4, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

--
Demolitioncrats are destroying America!

They're the duly elected government of Minneapolis. Why do you hate
democracy?

Cindy Hamilton

trumpsters only like democracy if they are the only ones that get to
make the decisions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2020 5:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

It's time for a mass migration of all LE who worked for that police
dept. and they should move out of state where republicans run things.
They'll be appreciated, and those cities will be much safer to raise
their families, too.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:16:27 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

The pendulum is not a good way to deal with things like the police.
DiBlasio is swinging back to the Koch/Dinkins model and his crime rate
is starting to show it.
The one that impressed me (unfavorably) is what is happening in the
schools.
They have decided that they don't want resource officers (cops in
school) anymore and that the doors will be open (no touching the
handles). I am sure that will last until the next time we have someone
shot or the drug dealing and strangers wandering around the halls
becomes oppressive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 10:33:06 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 6/30/2020 9:56 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/29/2020 5:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

It's time for a mass migration of all LE who worked for that police
dept. and they should move out of state where republicans run things.
They'll be appreciated, and those cities will be much safer to raise
their families, too.

LOL!

The cops will already be leaving since there is no jobs for them. In a
year when this experiment blows up in their face the city will be
begging them to come back.
BTW I did look into the Camden Miracle and it was basically busting
the union. They reduced the cost of a cop from $189k a year to a
little under $100k (salary benefits, support etc). Funny the left
doesn't like admitting that.
The union is creeping back in as we speak and things will be back the
way they were soon enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 6:39:33 PM UTC-4, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

Demolitioncrats are destroying America!

They're the duly elected government of Minneapolis.

Which has just made a terminally stupid decision.

Why do you hate democracy?

More likely that he hates terminal stupid decisions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 05:02:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Growing up, we had no security in schools. No shootings, no drugs
either. Things have changed. I'm not in favor of teachers with a
holster on the hip but something should be done.

What it is I'll leave to the experts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
[...]

You have to look at the reality. There are a few bad cops. The u ions
should be trying to get rid of them to benefit the good guys. Unions
don't work that way though.

This is a tough time to be a cop, no matter how good you are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:51:07 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/30/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
[...]

I was pretty serious about being a cop a little over 50 years ago. I
passed all the tests and I had the final interview scheduled but the 3
cops I knew talked me out of it. I canceled the interview.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why listen to the experts? Here's my opinion:

Parents. When we were in school, if we even thought about doing anything
out of line we knew we'd get it 10 times as bad when we got home.

The question his: how do we get better parents?

I'm sure there was a fair amount of pot being dealt in my high school,
1970-1975.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Parents today seem to want their kids to learn everything in school or
day care. I admit, I'm old fashioned and think that parents should take
care of their kids. Yes, some need two incomes, but too often the
second income is for a big house, couple of fancy cars and vacations to
Disney. Put that aside and raise your kids.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2020 4:39 PM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
Minneapolis City Council voted in a 12-0 decision to abolish police in
the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHr0acN6Z_k

1 they didn't vote to abolish the police.
2 the vote has no actual effect.
3 there may or may not be a election vote on a charter change that
would make some changes the council wants to make easier.
4 it is not at all certain that a charter change would pass. I have not
seen support from groups that traditionally represent the Black
community, but there has been opposition. Mayor also does not support
5 there is no plan for what some of the council want to do - vaporware
- you have to support multiple vague ideas
6 not passing a charter change does not mean the police reform -
ongoing - won't continue

typical post from GOWG