Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Minneapolis City Council ABOLISHES Police, Gets Private Security!

On 06/30/2020 06:28 PM, wrote:
I was pretty serious about being a cop a little over 50 years ago. I
passed all the tests and I had the final interview scheduled but the 3
cops I knew talked me out of it. I canceled the interview.

A friend wanted to be a cop but got into a catch 22 situation where you
couldn't go to the state police academy unless you were a cop. As a
work-around he took a seasonal game warden job that gave him the
necessary creds. He told me how he had caught some guy poaching red
handed and couldn't believe the guy would stand there and lie to him.
All I could say was 'Regan, I don't think you're really cut out for this.'

He eventually got on the force in a podunk town in eastern Montana. It
was a good fit for him because he took the 'protect and serve' part
seriously and wouldn't have to deal with the real scum as a small town cop.