Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to attach a hook to chrome wire shelving

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/26/20 5:07 PM, kelown wrote:
I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

Check here for 2 or 3 possibilities, $8-$12, (skip past the J hooks)

https://www.shelving.com/Wire-Shelvi...ries-s/218.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:07:53 -0500, kelown
wrote:

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...storage-system

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...storage-system

Thanks for your reply. That looked like a good solution until I saw that
it's intended to be hung off a much thicker bar than one found in chrome
wire shelving. My chrome wire desk doesn't have the clearance needed to
hang that hook mount.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook
with a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10
that's already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would
allow me to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

Check here for 2 or 3 possibilities, $8-$12, (skip past the J hooks)

https://www.shelving.com/Wire-Shelvi...ries-s/218.htm

Thanks for your reply. The $9.99 Accessory Hook (SI-ASMKH6C) is just
what I'm looking for and it's the same one going for $15.04+shipping on
Amazon. Unfortunately the website won't divulge the shipping cost
without filling out their purchase form first. For now, I'm more
inclined to buy the $11.46 Amazon J-hooks (https://rb.gy/woe56v). I can
always add to the purchase to qualify for their free shipping. However,
I still think the straight hook arm is more convenient for hanging
headphones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:01:42 -0500, kelown
wrote:

[...]

Do you have any tools? I vice would make it trivial to bend up a hook
from aluminum strapping (at Home Depot, Lowes or Ace). A sturdy couple
pairs of pliers would work too. You don't need anything too heavy if
all you are hanging is headphones.

Replace the 'hook' velcro on a hook & loop multifunction sanding accessory... blueman Woodworking 6 December 7th 11 01:02 PM
FREE OFFER -- Harbor Freight 1/4" wire rope and hook Ignoramus9551 Metalworking 9 December 25th 07 03:08 PM
FA: THREE(3) Vintage ROLLS OF #18 DCC HOOK-UP WIRE, Nice 4 Restore wa2rqy Electronics Repair 0 September 25th 06 03:52 PM
Wire shelving fell floax Home Repair 5 June 13th 05 04:26 PM
Solderless proto board hook up wire? Chris W Electronics 1 February 24th 05 03:00 AM