Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to attach a hook to chrome wire shelving

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/26/20 5:07 PM, kelown wrote:
I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

Check here for 2 or 3 possibilities, $8-$12, (skip past the J hooks)

https://www.shelving.com/Wire-Shelvi...ries-s/218.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook
with a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10
that's already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would
allow me to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

Check here for 2 or 3 possibilities, $8-$12, (skip past the J hooks)

https://www.shelving.com/Wire-Shelvi...ries-s/218.htm

Thanks for your reply. The $9.99 Accessory Hook (SI-ASMKH6C) is just
what I'm looking for and it's the same one going for $15.04+shipping on
Amazon. Unfortunately the website won't divulge the shipping cost
without filling out their purchase form first. For now, I'm more
inclined to buy the $11.46 Amazon J-hooks (https://rb.gy/woe56v). I can
always add to the purchase to qualify for their free shipping. However,
I still think the straight hook arm is more convenient for hanging
headphones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:01:42 -0500, kelown
wrote:

[...]

Do you have any tools? I vice would make it trivial to bend up a hook
from aluminum strapping (at Home Depot, Lowes or Ace). A sturdy couple
pairs of pliers would work too. You don't need anything too heavy if
all you are hanging is headphones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:07:53 -0500, kelown
wrote:

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...storage-system

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...storage-system

Thanks for your reply. That looked like a good solution until I saw that
it's intended to be hung off a much thicker bar than one found in chrome
wire shelving. My chrome wire desk doesn't have the clearance needed to
hang that hook mount.

Replace the 'hook' velcro on a hook & loop multifunction sanding accessory... blueman Woodworking 6 December 7th 11 01:02 PM
FREE OFFER -- Harbor Freight 1/4" wire rope and hook Ignoramus9551 Metalworking 9 December 25th 07 03:08 PM
FA: THREE(3) Vintage ROLLS OF #18 DCC HOOK-UP WIRE, Nice 4 Restore wa2rqy Electronics Repair 0 September 25th 06 03:52 PM
Wire shelving fell floax Home Repair 5 June 13th 05 04:26 PM
Solderless proto board hook up wire? Chris W Electronics 1 February 24th 05 03:00 AM