Posted to alt.home.repair
kelown kelown is offline

Default Need to attach a hook to chrome wire shelving

I'd like to hang a hook-arm off my desk's chrome wire rail to hold my
headphones. I do not want rounded S-hooks or J-hooks. I need a hook with
a level surface to hang stuff. Is there a hook less than $10 that's
already made to fit such a rail? Is there hardware that would allow me
to rig an attachment to the rail myself? Thanks.

hook & rail example: https://i.imgur.com/BNZB54n.jpg

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...storage-system

Thanks for your reply. That looked like a good solution until I saw that
it's intended to be hung off a much thicker bar than one found in chrome
wire shelving. My chrome wire desk doesn't have the clearance needed to
hang that hook mount.