Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Towable house

From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/20 9:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

Or one of these:

http://www.missouritrailertrash.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me. The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me. The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.

I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

But it might be better than living in an apartment, given a suitable
site. If that was all I could afford.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 22:12:18 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

It's not for me at this point in my life, but I like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/06/2020 17:11, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 22:12:18 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

It's not for me at this point in my life, but I like it.

Me too, it's kinda cute and would suit some people. Seems very
economical to use.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 7 Jun 2020 06:29:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me. The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.

I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

When I was 60, I took a long vacation and rented a room with 2 other
guys in it and I got one of the upper bunks. I could climb up and I
could sleep, but even though I hadn't fallen out of bed for maybe 50
years, I was worried because the room had a stone floor.

You have to weight risk vs. loss, and though the risk was tiny, it could
have killed me from 6 feet.

After 3 terrible nights, I finally got a second room in very cheap
hotel, with one bathroom for every guy, but my room was private and I
got a good night's sleep.

After that, the dorm was okay.

When I was 60, no bladder problems. (Don't tell anyone but they make
plastic bottles designed as urinals. I'm sure they work better for men
than women, but they might work well enough even for them.)

But it might be better than living in an apartment, given a suitable
site. If that was all I could afford.

For sure. And for travel. The right hand picture makes the kitchen
window look bigger than it is, but OTOH, it's probably big enough when
you're at the sink.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2020 07:12 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me. The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.

I lived in a cabin in the woods one winter. Very scenic but the woman
who owned it had the common sense to move to town for the winter.
the loft had two problems.

The first and ongoing was by the time the wood stove got the place up to
operating temperature the loft was pushing 90 degrees.

The ladder was a 2x12 with foot holds on alternate sides. When my ex
came for a visit it was sort of get her started, put my shoulder under
her butt and push. Getting down was also a project.

The outhouse was also designed by the woman who didn't winter there. It
was three sided with the open front providing a great view across the
valley. It sort of sucked in January.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/6/2020 8:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

Other than ugly as sin, play ruddy h--- cooling that sucker in 100+ F
summer...

The expense is in all the "eco-friendly" tack-ons. The living space
could be done for probably a third the cost w/ conventional or furnished
utilities.

having to refill a potable water tank would also tend to get old after a
while methinks...gotta' be on a mission, not just looking for a place to
live.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me. The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.

I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 05:47:17 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 05:23:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2020 3:47 PM, Jake56 wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me.
The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep.Â* Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Toss it out the window. Worked a hundred years ago, why change now?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2020 01:47 PM, Jake56 wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me.
The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Go medieval; dump it out the window on passersby.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2020 03:49 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 05:23:09 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
lid says...

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 22:12:18 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.

It's not for me at this point in my life, but I like it.

Looks to me that is just a high priced travel trailer. I don't know
much about travel trailers, but a quick search shows them at half the
price of this one or less.

That one is actually a portable micro house.

These things generally get titled as RVs. It avoids trying to get them
HUD certified as a mobile home and you don't pay real estate taxes on
them. It is just a trailer.

When Pima County AZ came up with a .50 a day RV tax to finance a farm
league baseball stadium I went the other way. iirc the property tax is
less than $14 a year. Pima County shot themselves in the foot with that
scheme. You don't try to tax something that is mobile by definition.

Worse yet, the Sidewinders slithered away to Reno. They couldn't keep a
team in the park even if they nailed their cleats to the ground. It was
originally called Electric Park but when the naming agreement with
Tucson Electric Power ran out the electric company decided they'd rather
not have their name associated with it so it was renamed the Kino Sports
Complex. Padre Kino died in 1711 and isn't around to bitch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me.
The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Toss it out the window.

There is no window at that level.

Worked a hundred years ago, why change now?

Makes the place a bit smelly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me.
The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Go medieval; dump it out the window on passersby.

There is no window at that level and no passersby either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me.
The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep.Â* Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Toss it out the window.

There is no window at that level.

Yes there is. Look at the photo of the loft just below:
The lofted bedroom is up the ladder beside the kitchen.

Then read:
Natural light floods into the tiny home through windows on all four
sides of the home, including the lofted bedroom and clear entry door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 06/07/2020 07:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 9:12:41 AM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/6/20 11:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/06/2020 07:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From Oz.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tiny-house-guys-urban-tiny-self-sufficient-home-wheels-2020-6

That's one of the ugliest tiny houses I've ever seen.
The idea of climbing a ladder to sleep doesn't appeal to me.
The
exterior just needs a few hippie style flowers and
maybe a portrait of the original Woodstock crowd to perk it right up.
I'll admit I'm too old to climb a ladder to sleep. Or, more to the
point,
to descend a ladder with a full bladder in the middle of the night.

Chamber pot...

Bit tricky getting down the ladder with a full one.

Go medieval; dump it out the window on passersby.

There is no window at that level and no passersby either.

Review the photo captioned 'The lofted bedroom is up the ladder beside
the kitchen.' You might have to wait for the passerby, preferably a
plumbing inspector.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 12:52:02 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH troll****

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 12:55:20 +1000, Jake56, better known as cantankerous

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 08:29:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 6:29:23 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Real estate taxes are on the land here, not the house.

Here, real estate taxes are on the land and all permanent
structures. It's calculated based on the price you paid
when you bought the property (plus annual increases for
increases in the value of the property).

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:48:39 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Until now, Indiana was the only state I knew of that taxed ownership of
cars. Registration and plates in states I've lived in are not
dependent on the value of the car.

The price of the yearly tag is not depending on the price of the car,
but the same for all. To make sure the county gets the tax based on the
price of the car is why the tax is added on to the bill when you get the
tag. In other words, no tax paid, no tag.

Well, there is sales tax when you buy a car in Md. for example, but no
tax on the car any other year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 6:29:23 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

Real estate taxes are on the land here, not the house.

Here, real estate taxes are on the land and all permanent
structures. It's calculated based on the price you paid
when you bought the property (plus annual increases for
increases in the value of the property).

Yeah, but it's an australian micro house on wheels,
so Greg's line about getting it registered as an RV
isnt even possible, it has no engine to drive it and
it wouldnt be registrable as a caravan either given
that it isn't road worthy. You would have to get a
permit to move it on the road in most states.

And no point tax wise anyway because no tax is
payable on it. Tax would be payable on the land
it was parked on if you owned the land but not
if someone else let you have it on their larger block
of land or even in their backyard for say a relative
of friend etc. The tax they pay wouldnt change
when it was parked on their land like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 04:38:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

More senile "wisdom" from Australian bull**** artist, senile Rodent:
"Some things are much harder to do than others."