Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Towable house

In article ,
says...

Cars are taxed with a seperate bill when you get a tag. Not sure about
a car tax if it is just sitting around without a tag.

They call that a "fee" here (but it's probably a tax, in effect).
It's based on the (IIRC) MSRP of the car when it was new.

The government gets money and call it a fee or tax, it ammounts to the
same thing.

About like if I shoot someone on the edge of a 10 story building and he
falls over. What did he die of, the bullet, hitting the ground from the
fall, or a heart attack on the way down. He is still dead and I
probably would be charged with killing him even if the bullet was only
in his leg.

I think our county actually calls the car money a tax.
Unless it is a relative, you can not even give anything that requires a
title (another fee/tax) to someone with out paying a tax/fee.
A coworker gave a boat trailer to a friend of his that di d ot have very
much money. The fellow brought the trailer back and said he could not
afford it. The tag people wanted around $ 100 for some kind of county
tax, not counting the title transfer fee and tag fee.

If you add up all the fees and taxes you pay in one form or another to
the government, They get well over half your paycheck.