Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car flipped oton wheels.

Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/11/2020 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

I was in a accident once where small car I was passenger in slid on a
snowy mountain curve and flipped on its side. The driver and I were
able to upright it and continue driving.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 May 2020 19:13:13 -0400, micky
wrote:

Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

No pictures so I can only guess. Vehicles generally don't like to rest on
their sides, preferring instead to be on their wheels or the roof. So
especially if the terrain helped in any way, it wouldn't be a huge trick to
push a vehicle over onto its wheels.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

Cable TV (Weather Channel here) has 2 programs re tow/heavy rescue
outfits, "Highway thru Hell" and "Heavy Rescue 401"

Watch a few episodes and you will see how the do this and more.

With car on its side, they usually hook cables to the two wheels in the
air, and just tip it back over upright.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

It was, you just couldn't see the cable.

There are examples of that with a fully loaded B double semi in the doco
series Towies.
https://www.alamy.com/kenworth-refri...247452566.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/11/2020 8:25 PM, wrote:
On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident.Â* Small SUV on its side.Â* I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

Cable TV (Weather Channel here) has 2 programs re tow/heavy rescue
outfits, "Highway thru Hell" and "Heavy Rescue 401"

Watch a few episodes and you will see how the do this and more.

With car on its side, they usually hook cables to the two wheels in the
air, and just tip it back over upright.

I record and watch them all the time. What amazes me, sometimes they
upright the truck, start it up and drive away.

Some of the jobs look fairly easy but most are tough work rigging and
pulling. I wish they gave how much they charge. Recently heard of one
in Ohio that required three rigs and a couple of extra people and topped
$20,000.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 May 2020 23:06:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/11/2020 8:25 PM, wrote:
On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

That 401 passes about 15 miles from my front door. Busiest stretch
of highway in North America - busier than LA thruway
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

No pictures so I can only guess. Vehicles generally don't like to rest on
their sides, preferring instead to be on their wheels or the roof. So
especially if the terrain helped in any way, it wouldn't be a huge trick to
push a vehicle over onto its wheels.

On a scale of 1 to 10, it was going uphill about a 2 the direction it
had to be turned. I moved my car a couple times to get a better view,
but couldn't. I might have parked and gotten out but there was no
parking lane and I'd just had that surgery. I was supposed to get a rid
home but I escaped and drove myself. (Though it didn't hurt then and it
hurts now. )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/11/2020 8:25 PM, wrote:
On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Ah, the Mac and Jac Speedway... Is it as crazy as it was in the '70s?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 11 May 2020 20:25:18 -0400,
wrote:

On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

Flat-bed is the word I was looking for. Slides back, front goes up,
extension goes backward down to the ground, so the car can be pulled up
on it. Then when it's past the fulcrom, it goes flat again.

Cable TV (Weather Channel here) has 2 programs re tow/heavy rescue
outfits, "Highway thru Hell"

All but one on youtube were rock videos! But I added the word wreck
and got some hits.

and "Heavy Rescue 401"

You tube has seveal full episodes of this, 45 minutes each.

Watch a few episodes and you will see how the do this and more.

With car on its side, they usually hook cables to the two wheels in the
air, and just tip it back over upright.

You mean no machinery, they just pull by hand on the cables? That would
account for why I couldn't see anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Nope, they use winches.

That would account for why I couldn't see anything.

Nope.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 12 May 2020 17:24:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 May 2020 12:46:37 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Ever see videos of rioters overturning police cars? A car on its side is
even less stable. Now an eighteen wheeler on its side, that's a project.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

The operator hooks chains or straps to appropriate points
then either drives forward or uses the winch. It is a
science. I recommend Ron Pratt on U tube. He has a rotator
and fleet of flatbeds.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/11/2020 8:25 PM, wrote:
On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

The '70s were a walk in the park.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Tue, 12 May 2020 21:27:30 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

That would have been a sight. Those things were slightly bigger than an
Isetta. At least the doors on a Dauphine weren't the first part to impact.

Seriously, don't you want to join a newsgroup for endlessly gossiping senile
idiots such as yourself, lowbrowman?