Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Car flipped oton wheels.

On 05/11/2020 10:08 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2020 23:06:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/11/2020 8:25 PM, wrote:
On 5/11/20 7:13 PM, micky wrote:
Just had surgery on my hand ffor trigger finger, and driving home came
across a car accident. Small SUV on its side. I could only see a
little becuase police car in the way, but the tow truck guy flipped the
car on its wheels in 4 seconds.

Up one side went and there it was, on its wheels!

How did he do that?

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

Cable TV (Weather Channel here) has 2 programs re tow/heavy rescue
outfits, "Highway thru Hell" and "Heavy Rescue 401"

Watch a few episodes and you will see how the do this and more.

With car on its side, they usually hook cables to the two wheels in the
air, and just tip it back over upright.

I record and watch them all the time. What amazes me, sometimes they
upright the truck, start it up and drive away.

Some of the jobs look fairly easy but most are tough work rigging and
pulling. I wish they gave how much they charge. Recently heard of one
in Ohio that required three rigs and a couple of extra people and topped
$20,000.

That 401 passes about 15 miles from my front door. Busiest stretch
of highway in North America - busier than LA thruway

Ah, the Mac and Jac Speedway... Is it as crazy as it was in the '70s?