Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Car flipped oton wheels.

On 05/12/2020 07:44 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ralph Mowery used his or her keyboard to write :
In article , says...

The car carrier tow truck was nearby but I don't think it was used.

Flat-bed is the word I was looking for. Slides back, front goes up,
extension goes backward down to the ground, so the car can be pulled up
on it. Then when it's past the fulcrom, it goes flat again.

They are usually called rollback tow trucks or trailers.

Back in the 1960's a cousin was going deer hunting. He hit a deer
with one of the small imported cars. It turned on its top. Several
people flipped it back on its wheels by hand. He put some oil in it
and drove it home . Sort of an expensive way to hunt deer.

We had a small Renault Dauphine with a roof rack for a rowboat. Going
fishing with my dad we pulled up to Third Lake and some other fishermen
were laughing at us. We get out and my dad says to them "Stop laughing
and help me turn it over".

That would have been a sight. Those things were slightly bigger than an
Isetta. At least the doors on a Dauphine weren't the first part to impact.