Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stupid message

Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself. My butler answers if I'm not available. He takes
impeccable notes too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 4 May 2020 15:04:22 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself. My butler answers if I'm not available. He takes
impeccable notes too.

I jumped the gun.

Does he do other chores too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself. My butler answers if I'm not available. He takes
impeccable notes too.

I jumped the gun.

Does he do other chores too?

Of course, he types my posts to this group too. I'm sipping the tea he
brought me and I just dictate my replies.

OK Charles, hit send and read to me the next post from the commoners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device.Â* Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler?Â* NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself.Â* My butler answers if I'm not available.Â* He takes
impeccable notes too.

I jumped the gun.

Does he do other chores too?

Of course, he types my posts to this group too.Â* I'm sipping the tea he
brought me and I just dictate my replies.

OK Charles, hit send and read to me the next post from the commoners.

That does not bother me, but the messages some people leave are
ridiculous, leaving long-winded messages about how important your call
is etc.

All I say is,

It's Phil, please leave a message

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 May 2020 12:32:36 -0400, micky
wrote:

Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

The suspicion is that the cell operators make those messages as long
as they can to rack up minutes. I know the one Verison uses is
tedious. I usually just hang up. The person will see the missed call
and call me back most of the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

Canada, huh. That's terrible. Couldn't they just say Francaise,
presse 1, English press 2?

The good ones do .
John T.