DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   stupid message (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/648816-stupid-message.html)

micky May 4th 20 05:32 PM

stupid message

Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] May 4th 20 08:04 PM

stupid message

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself. My butler answers if I'm not available. He takes
impeccable notes too.

micky May 4th 20 08:17 PM

stupid message

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 4 May 2020 15:04:22 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself. My butler answers if I'm not available. He takes
impeccable notes too.

I jumped the gun.

Does he do other chores too?

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] May 4th 20 08:54 PM

stupid message

wrote:

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself. My butler answers if I'm not available. He takes
impeccable notes too.

I jumped the gun.

Does he do other chores too?

Of course, he types my posts to this group too. I'm sipping the tea he
brought me and I just dictate my replies.

OK Charles, hit send and read to me the next post from the commoners.

philo May 4th 20 09:25 PM

stupid message

wrote:

On 5/4/2020 12:32 PM, micky wrote:
Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device.Â* Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler?Â* NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

Speak for yourself.Â* My butler answers if I'm not available.Â* He takes
impeccable notes too.

I jumped the gun.

Does he do other chores too?

Of course, he types my posts to this group too.Â* I'm sipping the tea he
brought me and I just dictate my replies.

OK Charles, hit send and read to me the next post from the commoners.

That does not bother me, but the messages some people leave are
ridiculous, leaving long-winded messages about how important your call
is etc.

All I say is,

It's Phil, please leave a message

[email protected] May 4th 20 09:59 PM

stupid message

On Mon, 04 May 2020 12:32:36 -0400, micky
wrote:

Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

The suspicion is that the cell operators make those messages as long
as they can to rack up minutes. I know the one Verison uses is
tedious. I usually just hang up. The person will see the missed call
and call me back most of the time.

[email protected] May 4th 20 10:57 PM

stupid message

wrote:

Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

The suspicion is that the cell operators make those messages as long
as they can to rack up minutes. I know the one Verison uses is
tedious. I usually just hang up. The person will see the missed call
and call me back most of the time.

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

micky May 5th 20 12:42 AM

stupid message

wrote:

Why can't they get rid of the line:

"Your call has been forwarded to an automatic recording device"?

Everyone knows when it says to leave a message that it's an automatic
recording device. Do some people think it's a stenographer, or a
butler? NO.

The rest of the message is stupid too, but this is the most stupid.

The suspicion is that the cell operators make those messages as long
as they can to rack up minutes. I know the one Verison uses is
tedious. I usually just hang up. The person will see the missed call
and call me back most of the time.

I think I have unlimited talk (within the US and Canada) and texts on my
phone. Eventually I think most people will. I wonder if they'll
remember to shorten their messages then.

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

Canada, huh. That's terrible. Couldn't they just say Francaise,
presse 1, English press 2?

[email protected] May 5th 20 12:50 AM

stupid message

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

Canada, huh. That's terrible. Couldn't they just say Francaise,
presse 1, English press 2?

The good ones do .
John T.

Clare Snyder May 5th 20 01:42 AM

stupid message

On Mon, 04 May 2020 19:50:01 -0400, wrote:

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

Canada, huh. That's terrible. Couldn't they just say Francaise,
presse 1, English press 2?

The good ones do .
John T.

The good ones start in English and say "appuyez sur 1 pour le
français" or they start in french and say "Press 2 for english"

[email protected] May 5th 20 02:46 AM

stupid message

On Mon, 04 May 2020 20:42:24 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 04 May 2020 19:50:01 -0400, wrote:

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

Canada, huh. That's terrible. Couldn't they just say Francaise,
presse 1, English press 2?

The good ones do .
John T.

The good ones start in English and say "appuyez sur 1 pour le
français" or they start in french and say "Press 2 for english"

Why not "press 3 to leave message now"?

micky May 5th 20 02:59 AM

stupid message

wrote:

Try 2 official languages ... especially when they have
a long blurb in BOTH languages BEFORE they
ask French or English.
John T.

Canada, huh. That's terrible. Couldn't they just say Francaise,
presse 1, English press 2?

The good ones do .
John T.

The good ones start in English and say "appuyez sur 1 pour le
français" or they start in french and say "Press 2 for english"

Why not "press 3 to leave message now"?

Yeah, let the Frenchies learn 8 English words. It will do them good.