C1gmlm

Default Concrete stamping

I am thinking of doing a patio slab and stamping it. What are the do's and
don'ts of this project?
Rich

"C1gmlm" wrote in message
I am thinking of doing a patio slab and stamping it. What are the do's and
don'ts of this project?

Do a good job, don't do a bad one! Simple as that...sorry couldn't resist!

wegge

We just completed a a 20' X 30' patio with stamped concrete done in
brown. The idiots ran out of brown release agent and finished 1/3 of it
in gray. After I screamed and hollered they came back and recolored the
whole thing in brown and sealed it at no cost to me. It actually looks
pretty good now. We like it now quite a lot.

C1gmlm wrote:
I am thinking of doing a patio slab and stamping it. What are the do's and
don'ts of this project?

DanG

If you are talking about performing the work yourself, I think you
should reconsider.

The learning curve and the cost of the stamps would be prohibitive
for one pour.

There is a good source of information that can answer many of your
questions he

http://www.thestampstore.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"C1gmlm" wrote in message
I am thinking of doing a patio slab and stamping it. What are

the do's and
don'ts of this project?

Chet Hayes

"Rich" wrote in message ...
"C1gmlm" wrote in message
I am thinking of doing a patio slab and stamping it. What are the do's and
don'ts of this project?

Do a good job, don't do a bad one! Simple as that...sorry couldn't resist!

This is one job I'd leave to a professional. Without experience and a
crew, how good do you expect your first job to be? And this is
something that is time critical, you get one shot, and once you start
you can't take a few days to fools around with it

Earl

I am thinking of doing a patio slab and stamping it. What are the do's and
don'ts of this project?

We had a concrete stamping done in our sunroom - my advice, is do a
two tone grey color. All concrete cracks at some point. With the
grey, the cracks blend in and look like part of the design. In our
case, we got one crack a year or two after installation down the
middle of the room. For the most part, it follows the simulated
grout/mortar lines and you can't see it at all. In a couple spots, it
crosses the middle of a simulated block - ...you really can't tell
unless it's pointed out to you. With a light colored tint (brown,
tan, etc) I think the crack would really stick out and be noticeable.
Certainly have it sealed and don't take shortcuts on the pad itself
(rebar, mesh, good footer below frost line, etc).

In the end - I love the stamped concrete - maintenance free, looks
great, and tough as concrete (haha).
God bless,
Earl
Charles Bishop

The stove is 220 volts. Can I run #12 wire from the #10 wire in the box to
a separate box for the microwave? I thought I had seen this done
elsewhere, but then wondered what would trip the 30A breaker if there was
a problem with the microwave.

charles
Rich

Do these thing go bad over time? I have one in mu masterbath room that
is constantly tripping. It doens't trip when its in use it trips
sometime during the night or during the day when no one is around?

Thanks, Rich

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Rich wrote:
Do these thing go bad over time? I have one in mu masterbath room that
is constantly tripping. It doens't trip when its in use it trips
sometime during the night or during the day when no one is around?

I had one in my bathroom that would trip every now and then for no apparent
reason and then be very difficult to reset. When I went to replace it, I found
it had been wired incorrectly to start with. Works great now...

Go ahead and replace it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

David Alexander

Don't try to do it yourself. Do hire a professional who has the tools and
the expertise to do it right.