Charles Bishop

In article ye6Uc.47465$Lj.17915@fed1read03, "SQLit"
wrote:

From: tt (Charles Bishop)

The stove is 220 volts. Can I run #12 wire from the #10 wire in the box to
a separate box for the microwave? I thought I had seen this done
elsewhere, but then wondered what would trip the 30A breaker if there was
a problem with the microwave.

charles

[snip anouther answer]

Fixed appliances need their own circuit. Dishwasher, disposal, microwave,
refrigerator.
The counter top recpts are for general use. If you decide to ignore the NEC
just remember if you have the microwave on and plug something into the
outlet with a good load the breaker might trip.

I checked this morning and the general outlet I'm going to use is on the
same circuit with the dining room outlets, not the rest of the kitchen
outlets. I'm relative sure (it's 20A) that she won't have anything else
plugged in that will be enough to trip the breaker if the uwave is on.

It turns out that the reason she thought it was possible was that someone
else did it in a unit down the hall.

charles, thanks for the help