Charles Bishop

In article ,
(HA HA Budys Here) wrote:

From:
tt (Charles Bishop)

The stove is 220 volts. Can I run #12 wire from the #10 wire in the box to
a separate box for the microwave? I thought I had seen this done
elsewhere, but then wondered what would trip the 30A breaker if there was
a problem with the microwave.

charles

No you can not. Ideally, a built-in microwave should be on it's own 20a
circuit. You can share that 20a circuit with one of your 2 20a countertop
appliance circuits, but using the microwave along with a toaster and coffee pot
would overload the circuit.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. Too bad the mfg can't put it on a
separate circuit inside the unit, but then there wouldn't be enough power
for the stove, if they were used at the same time.

charles