Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outdoor shower & PEX

Our pool is being installed soon and I want to put in an outdoor shower. My question is, if the water lines will be turned off inside the house (PEX)for winter month and shower head left turned on, do I need to bury the PEX below the frost line? Thanks for any input!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 4:04:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Our pool is being installed soon and I want to put in an outdoor shower. My question is, if the water lines will be turned off inside the house (PEX)for winter month and shower head left turned on, do I need to bury the PEX below the frost line? Thanks for any input!

My two cents, the pex pipe won't be damaged by freezing, but any fittings subject to freezing might crack. As would shower valves, faucets, anything that has water left in it. One sure solution is to add a valve and air hose fitting after the shut off at the house and use an air compressor to blow it out. Or maybe a drain valve or plug at the lowest point at the shower.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I will bury them for sure... probably a foot deep with sand around it to protect it. I didn't realize an air hose fitting existed so I will def go that route. Shut off in the house, buried a foot down with sand around the lines, and a blow out valve in the house... that should do me up

Thank you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 5:10:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I will bury them for sure... probably a foot deep with sand around it to protect it. I didn't realize an air hose fitting existed so I will def go that route. Shut off in the house, buried a foot down with sand around the lines, and a blow out valve in the house... that should do me up

Thank you!

You can get air hose couplers, male and female for a few bucks at Harbor Freight
if there is one near you. Auto supply, HD, etc should have them too.
That's what I did with my lawn sprinklers, put a male fitting and water valve
on it. In the Fall I just roll the compressor over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 17:01:30 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 5:10:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I will bury them for sure... probably a foot deep with sand around it to protect it. I didn't realize an air hose fitting existed so I will def go that route. Shut off in the house, buried a foot down with sand around the lines, and a blow out valve in the house... that should do me up

Thank you!

You can get air hose couplers, male and female for a few bucks at Harbor Freight
if there is one near you. Auto supply, HD, etc should have them too.
That's what I did with my lawn sprinklers, put a male fitting and water valve
on it. In the Fall I just roll the compressor over.

You can blow out lines like that with a shop vac if you don't have a
compressor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Outdoor months... like 6 of them lol I need to just not be lazy and dig the damn hole
Posted to alt.home.repair

:
Our pool is being installed soon and I want to put in an outdoor shower. =

My question is, if the water lines will be turned off inside the house (PE=
X)for winter month and shower head left turned on, do I need to bury the PE=
X below the frost line? Thanks for any input!

My two cents, the pex pipe won't be damaged by freezing, but any fittings s=

The pex can certainly break if it has water in it when it freezes. BTDT.

PEX PEX PEX No Name Home Repair 39 June 15th 09 02:27 PM
PEX PEX PEX gwandsh Home Repair 0 June 12th 09 06:05 PM
PEX plumbing, water softener install, exposed PEX in the closet [email protected] Home Repair 11 March 11th 07 11:48 PM
Brass Compression Fittings,Fittings for Pex-Al-Pex good price valvetom Home Repair 1 November 27th 06 06:20 PM