Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Outdoor shower & PEX

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 17:05:08 -0400, Hawk wrote:

On 4/17/2020 4:04 PM, wrote:
Our pool is being installed soon and I want to put in an outdoor shower. My question is, if the water lines will be turned off inside the house (PEX)for winter month and shower head left turned on, do I need to bury the PEX below the frost line? Thanks for any input!

What you're saying is the PEX lines will be fed from the home and the
shutoff valves will be in the homes as well? Regardless, water can still
remain in the lines, freeze and expand in winter and crack the lines.
Also, PEX can deteriorate in the presence of ultraviolet rays when
exposed to the sun. It is recommended to bury the lines.

If you "blow" the lines you don't NEED to go below frost line, but if
you forget you may be digging next spring - - -