Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cloros commercials.

I know different channels and different times of day have different
commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for
Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for
someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your
child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother,
black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH,
they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

BTW, there is no H in Clorox, so don't expect to see any chlorine
either, though sometimes it's there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 19 Mar 2020 04:24:39 -0400, micky
wrote:

When will I learn to type? The subject should be Clorox commercials.

(I enlarged the font for the body, iirc, but there's no way to do that
for header info.)

I know different channels and different times of day have different
commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for
Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for
someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your
child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother,
black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH,
they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

BTW, there is no H in Clorox, so don't expect to see any chlorine
either, though sometimes it's there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky:

I know what you meant. Older folks like us don't have 'Millennial fingers'
suitable for typing(as it were) on these stupid devices lol!

It's the old adage:

On a traditional computer, I'd spend 90% of my time typing.

On a 'smart' phone or tablet, I spend 90% of my time correcting what I typed!

SMH...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/20 4:24 AM, micky wrote:
I know different channels and different times of day have different
commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for
Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for
someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your
child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother,
black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH,
they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

Advertising Cloros is a waste.Â* The panickers are already hoarding it.Â* I couldn't buy the stinky stuff if I wanted to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:24:44 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I know different channels and different times of day have different
commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for
Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for
someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your
child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother,
black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH,
they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

BTW, there is no H in Clorox, so don't expect to see any chlorine
either, though sometimes it's there.

I expect to find sodium hypochlorite in Clorox.

There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store,
but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach
is available again.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Hamilton:

Scented

That's what most people want nowadays, or at least, made to
believe they need it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 19 Mar 2020 07:30:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:24:44 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
I know different channels and different times of day have different
commercials, but have you noticed all the recent TV commercials for
Clorox. Not for use in washing machines, but to kill germs, like for
someone's old, frail mother (in the video), or after fishing your
child's toy out of the toilet (3 versions of that, father, mother,
black, white).

These don't seem to have anything to do with the coronovirus, but OTOH,
they come at such a good time for the Clorox company. Just coincidence?

BTW, there is no H in Clorox, so don't expect to see any chlorine
either, though sometimes it's there.

I expect to find sodium hypochlorite in Clorox.

I was counting that as chlorine. But it's not always there. I forget
what is there instead. It's one particular thing, maybe another
halogen, but I forget.

There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store,
but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach
is available again.

Cindy Hamilton

Corona hates the scented stuff. It clogs up its nose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 10:42:27 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Cindy Hamilton:

Scented

That's what most people want nowadays, or at least, made to
believe they need it.

(b) Sheep are responsive to marketing.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Are you thinking of Clorox II? It has hydrogen peroxide.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

(b) Sheep are responsive to marketing.

Exactly! Why do you think we've had digital/HD TV
for 11 years now? Govt and the manufacturers created
a 'need' for flatter, higher-res TVs! The old system
worked so well, it wasn't making the industry any money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Combs:

12" roundies

The final two decades of analog color sets(model years 1990-
2005) were among the most reliable and best picture and
sound of that format. With properly adjusted settings, the
picture was accurate enough for the majority of consumers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

Clorox is a brand name. They make all sorts of products other than bleach.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I probably shouldn't say this but go to a pool store. They sell 10%
(twice what is in bleach). You need to pay deposit on the jug if you
don't have one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

the government wanted the VHF TV band
back, along with half of the UHF band.

For WHAT?

Sorry, the whole digital transition is a sham to me,
just like this current 'pandemic'.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Prices on that are far higher in my experience.

Dunno but I get 2.5 gallons for 4 bucks and change. That is 5 gallons
of Clorox. Maybe you can buy store brand bleach for a buck a gallon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I just called my local pool store. 3 gallons of 12.5% is $40. I can get
6% bleach for $2/gal. There are not many pool stores left in Seattle, so
maybe no competition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

:

Actually, here in the NY Metro market, ABC-DT and CBS-DT still use
VHF-Hi(7-13).

Strangely, MeTV(virtual 33.1 in my area) also uses VHF-Hi, making it a bitch
to get in sometimes(2-3 days per week).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/19/2020 08:30 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store,
but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach
is available again.

You don't like lavender?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/19/2020 02:00 PM, wrote:
wrote:

the government wanted the VHF TV band
back, along with half of the UHF band.

For WHAT?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_U...ectrum_auction

Money, silly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 10:25:22 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 03/19/2020 08:30 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store,
but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach
is available again.

You don't like lavender?

My primary use for bleach is sanitizing hummingbird feeders. I'd just
as soon use plain bleach. I've still got about half a gallon left, so
I can be patient. And, of course, it's not hummingbird season yet,
up here. Supposed to be 23 F here tonight.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hamilton wrote:

[...]

No. Standard Clorox. Maybe what they use varies by the month,
depending on what's cheaper. So when you bought yours will determine
what's in it. Oreo Cookies used to go back and forth between vegetable
and animal shortening, based on price aiui.

I plan to look at mine next time I'm in the basement.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/20/2020 04:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 10:25:22 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 03/19/2020 08:30 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
There was a surprising amount of bleach available at the grocery store,
but it was all that stupid scented stuff. I'll wait until plain bleach
is available again.

You don't like lavender?

My primary use for bleach is sanitizing hummingbird feeders. I'd just
as soon use plain bleach. I've still got about half a gallon left, so
I can be patient. And, of course, it's not hummingbird season yet,
up here. Supposed to be 23 F here tonight.

You sanitize them? Don't let my hummers know or they'll be demanding
better sanitary conditions. Those little calliopes get upset easily.