Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bluetooth. I am stumped

I have a a TLC Roku 55 inch smart tv.
I have Alexa dot gen 3.
I have 2 oontz bluetooth speakers, both in sync with Alexa.
I can say "Alexa, play music" and it does. "Alexa, turn up volume" it does.
I say "Alexa, turn on Toms TV", it does.
I say "Alexa, play Toms TV on speakers" it says did not find.

What do I need to do to play tv through speakers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/14/2019 10:24 AM, Thomas wrote:
I have a a TLC Roku 55 inch smart tv.
I have Alexa dot gen 3.
I have 2 oontz bluetooth speakers, both in sync with Alexa.
I can say "Alexa, play music" and it does. "Alexa, turn up volume" it does.
I say "Alexa, turn on Toms TV", it does.
I say "Alexa, play Toms TV on speakers" it says did not find.

What do I need to do to play tv through speakers?

Does the TV have Bluetooth? Mine is a Samsung and in the setup I had it
connect to my soundbar and speakers. They turn on with the TV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:36:50 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/14/2019 10:24 AM, Thomas wrote:
I have a a TLC Roku 55 inch smart tv.
I have Alexa dot gen 3.
I have 2 oontz bluetooth speakers, both in sync with Alexa.
I can say "Alexa, play music" and it does. "Alexa, turn up volume" it does.
I say "Alexa, turn on Toms TV", it does.
I say "Alexa, play Toms TV on speakers" it says did not find.

What do I need to do to play tv through speakers?

Does the TV have Bluetooth? Mine is a Samsung and in the setup I had it
connect to my soundbar and speakers. They turn on with the TV.

And has he tried getting the TV to work with the speakers via bluetooth
without Alexa? IDK why Alexa needs to be involved. If you have external
speakers, seems you'd want to get them to work with the TV, then have
the TV always use them. With regular speakers, that would be hooking
them up with cables, then going into setup on the TV and enabling
the ext output. With BT ones, I would imagine it's similar, pairing
them and setting them on via the TV setup menu. Done once, that's it, no?

Posted to alt.home.repair

T4. That is how this went down. Plugged the first one in the tv and the next followed.
Now to switch back to Alexa I have to ask. Bluetooth does not work on Roku if if it is not a Roku speaker.
It does work plugged in. That defeats wireless plan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 12:54:49 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
T4. That is how this went down. Plugged the first one in the tv and the next followed.

No idea what that means.

Now to switch back to Alexa I have to ask. Bluetooth does not work on Roku if if it is not a Roku speaker.

IDK, that must be a Roku thing, BT is supposed to enable interoperabiliy,
but I guess if Roku wants to hose you, they can. With any TV that has HDMI,
which has been out for a long time, doesn't Roku just
use HDMI to connect both video and audio to the TV? Then the TV plays
the audio through whatever is connected to it, no? So, if your HDMI TV
supports bluetooth speakers, won't it work that way?

It does work plugged in. That defeats wireless plan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T4,yes
I am stll fkd
Right playing, primary doing zip.