Tony

Default Getting Stumped-air in line to toilet

Bear with me in case this gets a little long. I'll try to give all the
specifics:

How long should I continue to have air in my toilet lines after
recharging a galvanized well pressure tank? I drained and recharged tank
a little over a week ago (38/58) and air has been purged from all lines
except for the back toilet in the master bathroom which gets air in the
pipe when the pump turns on. However, it doesn't happen every time the
pump kicks in, just intermittently. When I flush the toilet(s) and the
pump doesn't turn on during the fill cycle, everything's fine. I have a
whole house filter installed by the tank and my initial thought was that
some of the crud from the bottom of the tank had plugged up the filter
causing this problem. When I took the filter off, there was a hissing
sound of air as I was unscrewing the filter housing, so there was air
being released out. Worked for a few days, so I thought the problem was
fixed as I made certain to be aware to flush when the pump was down near
40psi, then a few nights ago I flushed the toilet and problem
resurfaced. I replaced the toilet fill valve and supply line and put
another filter in. I should also mention that the day before I drained
the well tank, I replaced my hot water heater in the basement. Since I
had the system open for that, I'm wondering if that is contributing to
the problem and that there is air still in the lines that is taking its
time getting out. It's been 2 days since I did this last bit of
maintenance and so far, no problems, but like I said earlier, it was
fine previously for a few days, then all of a sudden...
The tank itself is original to the house (probably 27 years old) so I'm
also wondering if that could be a factor as well. If anyone has any
thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

Tony

PrecisionMachinisT

"Tony" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like maybe the air volume control on the galvanized tank isnt letting
out excess air.

Otherwise, the problem should eventually go away.

--

SVL