Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bluetooth. I am stumped

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:36:50 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/14/2019 10:24 AM, Thomas wrote:
I have a a TLC Roku 55 inch smart tv.
I have Alexa dot gen 3.
I have 2 oontz bluetooth speakers, both in sync with Alexa.
I can say "Alexa, play music" and it does. "Alexa, turn up volume" it does.
I say "Alexa, turn on Toms TV", it does.
I say "Alexa, play Toms TV on speakers" it says did not find.

What do I need to do to play tv through speakers?

Does the TV have Bluetooth? Mine is a Samsung and in the setup I had it
connect to my soundbar and speakers. They turn on with the TV.

And has he tried getting the TV to work with the speakers via bluetooth
without Alexa? IDK why Alexa needs to be involved. If you have external
speakers, seems you'd want to get them to work with the TV, then have
the TV always use them. With regular speakers, that would be hooking
them up with cables, then going into setup on the TV and enabling
the ext output. With BT ones, I would imagine it's similar, pairing
them and setting them on via the TV setup menu. Done once, that's it, no?