Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need a hose recommend for a powerwasher

Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more. I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose. As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have? This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2019 5:00 PM, Thomas wrote:
Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more. I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose. As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have? This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.

Either should work, but given the distance I'd go with the 3/4 for more
flow, less resistance. I have not bought a hose in some years so no
brand recommendations. Mine is Sears only because it was cheap on sale.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 5:00:31 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more. I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose. As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have? This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.

What hose are we talking about? Garden hose implies it's, well, just garden
hose, ie the goes into hose. Or is it the pressure, goes outta hose?
For garden hose, anything is fine, it doesn't have that much water flow.
For pressure hose, the hose needs to be rated for the pressure. I have
a big, heavy honking old really well built electric one and I needed to
extend the power end hose. I think I got it at HD, it had standard air
hose type quick disconnects that fit my 30 year old beast. You might
find better deals online, eg Ebay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:00:26 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more.
I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose.
As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have?
This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.

This pressure washer hose is rated for 4000 psi.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...se/A-p8258899e

A typical garden hose is about 400 psi.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/p...280,33160&ap=1

John T.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more.
I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose.
As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have?
This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.

This pressure washer hose is rated for 4000 psi.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...se/A-p8258899e
A typical garden hose is about 400 psi.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/p...280,33160&ap=1

I suspect a typical garden hose is nowhere near 400 psi.

Typical home water pressure is 45 - 55 psi :

https://totalph.ca/how-to-test-water-pressure-at-home/

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2019 9:25 AM, wrote:

Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more.
I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose.
As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have?
This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.

This pressure washer hose is rated for 4000 psi.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...se/A-p8258899e
A typical garden hose is about 400 psi.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/p...280,33160&ap=1

I suspect a typical garden hose is nowhere near 400 psi.

Typical home water pressure is 45 - 55 psi :

https://totalph.ca/how-to-test-water-pressure-at-home/

John T.

The hose justs feed the washer and is not going to hit the high
pressure. If the washer puts out a lot of water then a larger diameter
may be better. If not, it makes no difference.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:12:36 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/25/2019 9:25 AM, wrote:

[...]

To answer the other part of his question, 5/8" is by far the common garden
hose size compared to 3/4". But he seems to be a one hit wonder anyway,
he disappeared.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the responses. I did not dissapear. I have a day job.
What I think I learned, but did not ask, is the end fittings are the same size on both.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 12:00:22 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

What I think I learned, but did not ask, is the end fittings are the same size on both.

I'd guess the end fittings are 3/4" a hose bib is 3/4, right...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2019 3:00 PM, Thomas wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I did not dissapear. I have a day job.
What I think I learned, but did not ask, is the end fittings are the same size on both.

Yes

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 3:00:27 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I did not dissapear. I have a day job.
What I think I learned, but did not ask, is the end fittings are the same size on both.

Yes, the fittings on 5/8" and 3/4" garden hose are the same.