Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Need a hose recommend for a powerwasher

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 12:12:36 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/25/2019 9:25 AM, wrote:

Bought a clean machine 2400 psi gas washer. Cm60912
My regular hose fits. I need 100 ft more.
I read the instructions but it does not list what size hose.
As i said, mine is a regular garden hose. What size do i likely have?
This is just a normal hose. Offerred is 5/8 or 3/4.
What is normal? I looked but not sure id or or od.

This pressure washer hose is rated for 4000 psi.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...se/A-p8258899e
A typical garden hose is about 400 psi.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Garden/p...280,33160&ap=1

I suspect a typical garden hose is nowhere near 400 psi.

Typical home water pressure is 45 - 55 psi :

https://totalph.ca/how-to-test-water-pressure-at-home/

John T.

The hose justs feed the washer and is not going to hit the high
pressure. If the washer puts out a lot of water then a larger diameter
may be better. If not, it makes no difference.

To answer the other part of his question, 5/8" is by far the common garden
hose size compared to 3/4". But he seems to be a one hit wonder anyway,
he disappeared.