Posted to alt.home.repair

Default short height tube surround?

Hi All,

I'm working on a concrete block rental.

Replaced the bathtub, but now I need to find a short tub surround .....
maybe 4" or 6" tall. I want to allow the water to flow down the painted
concrete wall and jump over the top lip of the tub. The previous tub had
the tub top lip covered by white silicone.

Any idea where I could find something like this?

Thx.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2019 4:11 PM, MarkK wrote:
Hi All,

I'm working on a concrete block rental.

Replaced the bathtub, but now I need to find a short tub surround .....
maybe 4" or 6" tall. I want to allow the water to flow down the painted
concrete wall and jump over the top lip of the tub. The previous tub had
the tub top lip covered by white silicone.

Any idea where I could find something like this?

Thx.

Is this a ghetto property? Put in a proper surround that is easier
cleaned and healthier.

Your idea sounds like a slumlord special made with saran wrap and caulk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 17:04:57 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is this a ghetto property? Put in a proper surround that is easier
cleaned and healthier.

Your idea sounds like a slumlord special made with saran wrap and caulk.

Yes, this is a ghetto property.

These people are unbelievably destructive -- they tear out plumbing,
electrical and pretty much anything that can be damaged. I installed a
new screen door and later watched from a 100 feet away as a man smoking a
cigarette walked up to the screen door and started poking his cig thru
the fiberglass screen -- making a bunch of holes. I installed a new
steel door and another man apparently took it as a challenge that he
could bend the hinges by swinging on the door. He succeeded.

A full size surround would probably cost $300 or more to get a heavy duty
version. I've seen a short surround like I described but I have no idea
where they bought it from. Maybe they just routed some plastic lumber
and attached it anchors and a nice clean bead of caulk?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2019 6:24 PM, MarkK wrote:
[...]

In that case, saran wrap and caulk. Yeak, there probably is some sort
of platic material you can glue inplace, like the plastic wood for trim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/19 5:24 PM, MarkK wrote:
[...]

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the
concrete
with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at the top
to seal it to the concrete.
I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps
and corner pieces
for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One could probably
even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:04:26 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the
concrete with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at
the top to seal it to the concrete.
I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps
and corner pieces for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One
could probably even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.

PVC panels? Caps sounds like plumbing but I draw a blank on corner
pieces. Is this fencing? Please excuse my ignorance.

PVC material sounds perfect for this application.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/19 7:40 PM, MarkK wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:04:26 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the
concrete with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at
the top to seal it to the concrete.
I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps
and corner pieces for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One
could probably even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.

PVC panels? Caps sounds like plumbing but I draw a blank on corner
pieces. Is this fencing? Please excuse my ignorance.

PVC material sounds perfect for this application.

Search for pvc panel cap and pvc panel corner. There are
probably better terms
but they escape me right now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/19 7:40 PM, MarkK wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:04:26 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the
concrete with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at
the top to seal it to the concrete.
I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps
and corner pieces for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One
could probably even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.

PVC panels? Caps sounds like plumbing but I draw a blank on corner
pieces. Is this fencing? Please excuse my ignorance.

PVC material sounds perfect for this application.

Try this:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=SERMTjQH&id=E75CF4BFA27A 640E70282AE544E325BE0D592624&thid=OIP.SERMTjQHao72 lABHxls-xQHaEW&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fi.ebayimg.com%2fimage s%2fi%2f171081452919-0-1%2fs-l1000.jpg&exph=588&expw=1000&q=pvc+panel+cap&simid =608010287987822501&selectedIndex=3&ajaxhist=0
or http://tinyurl.com/y55acasb This is a cap.

Looking for pvc panel corner turned this up:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=d0LWUP6q&id=9EC654A3E361 3EFE2B5866354EF623D0E6113CB7&thid=OIP.d0LWUP6qm1Su lPQ4Swh7YQHaE8&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.professi onalbuildingsupplies.co.uk%2fuploads%2fthumbnails% 2fAQ2-INT-W.jpg&exph=342&expw=513&q=pvc+panel+corner&simid=6 08018968081728820&selectedIndex=1&cbir=sbi&ajaxhis t=0
or http://tinyurl.com/y2ddwm5q That's and inside corner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2019 7:40 PM, MarkK wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:04:26 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the
concrete with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at
the top to seal it to the concrete.
I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps
and corner pieces for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One
could probably even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.

PVC panels? Caps sounds like plumbing but I draw a blank on corner
pieces. Is this fencing? Please excuse my ignorance.

PVC material sounds perfect for this application.

Â* I think what you want is called "FRP" , fiberglass reinforced panels
.. Used a lot in the back hallways of malls and other industrial type
places . They make plastic capping strips for the top and inside corner
moldings for , well , inside corners . Call your local lumber yard for
guidance .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

MarkK posted for all of us...

[...]

Immediately increase your security deposit. Throw them out. Is this Section
8?

--
Tekkie