Posted to alt.home.repair

Default short height tube surround?

On 3/19/2019 7:40 PM, MarkK wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:04:26 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

What about making your own from pvc panels? Fasten it to the
concrete with concrete anchor screws or use adhesive. Use silicone at
the top to seal it to the concrete.
I'm drawing a blank on the proper terms right now. One can get caps
and corner pieces for that stuff so it wouldn't look too terrible. One
could probably even carefully use a hack saw with a fine toothed blade.

PVC panels? Caps sounds like plumbing but I draw a blank on corner
pieces. Is this fencing? Please excuse my ignorance.

PVC material sounds perfect for this application.

Â* I think what you want is called "FRP" , fiberglass reinforced panels
.. Used a lot in the back hallways of malls and other industrial type
places . They make plastic capping strips for the top and inside corner
moldings for , well , inside corners . Call your local lumber yard for
guidance .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old