Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

Default Benchmade Knives controvery

I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

On 2/24/2019 4:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

* There's lots more , search terms : Benchmade Knives political
donations . They were involved in cutting up some guns with an Oregon PD
.... weasel words followed .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

On 2/24/2019 5:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

Makes sense in a way. Get rid of guns and there will probably be a
bigger market for knives.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none
of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little
pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

On 2/24/19 7:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be
counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none
of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little
pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.

Always wondered about "high ticket" knives.

Are they truly better- e.g.,sharper, stronger, take and hold hold an
edge better, etc.?

Or are they more like "designer" clothes and accessories- just more
expensive with prices driven by collector/knife-snob appeal?

--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen victim tragedy
stories in the news?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 4:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

* There's lots more , search terms : Benchmade Knives political
donations . They were involved in cutting up some guns with an Oregon PD
... weasel words followed .

I saw that in the forums. The owner of Benchmade really did not do the
company a favor in his U tube vid. Poor production just accented the weasel
words. Actions speak louder than words. Like one poster in the forums stated
if Oregon is so bad, move like Mag Pul did.

I do not care about them cutting up firearms that the PD was legally
mandated to destroy. I disagree in the laws regarding the destruction.

This reminds me, I have to get that web site so I can look up the local
critters.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 5:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

Makes sense in a way. Get rid of guns and there will probably be a
bigger market for knives.

Then we will be like England, outlaw guns, then outlaw knives, what shape
are they in?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

rbowman posted for all of us...

On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none
of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little
pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.

I have a Randall, but really like(d) the Benchmade line. I guess it is all
personal preference.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

On 2/24/19 7:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be
counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none
of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little
pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.

Always wondered about "high ticket" knives.

Are they truly better- e.g.,sharper, stronger, take and hold hold an
edge better, etc.?

I believe they are. I like the 'fit' in my hand.

Or are they more like "designer" clothes and accessories- just more
expensive with prices driven by collector/knife-snob appeal?

Not to me they are not. Strictly utilitarian.

I just happen to like them. It is all user choice. There are many cheaper
and more expensive lines. I have used cheaper knives but when the factory
edge rolled over on me I started thinking about if I was on an emergency
call and needed it could someones life depend on it?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives

On 2/25/2019 2:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
rbowman posted for all of us...

On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none
of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little
pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.

I have a Randall, but really like(d) the Benchmade line. I guess it is all
personal preference.

Looks like factory is in Oregon and senators there are dems. I guess it
is like Trump supporting Schumer when he was in New York to gain some
favor. They are a small company and I can't see where giving to any
politician except in area where they are directly located would benefit
them.

I'm knifed up too and have had most of them before this company got
started. My Buck knives used for hunting are quality knives as they
have held up all these years with good usage and ability to easily
restore a keen edge.