Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.knives
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Benchmade Knives controvery

Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

On 2/24/19 7:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/24/2019 03:28 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

On 2/24/2019 1:38 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
I recently came across a post that Benchmade has made political
contributions to an anti-2'nd amendment politician. This seems to be
counter
intuitive to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...als/5-2196356/

Thanks Terry, I have looked at this. I am getting pi**sed.

No problem here. I've got enough knives to open a cutlery store and none
of them are Benchmade. I have nothing against them but they are a little
pricey for EDC. A Randall filled my needs for a high ticket knife.

Always wondered about "high ticket" knives.

Are they truly better- e.g.,sharper, stronger, take and hold hold an
edge better, etc.?

I believe they are. I like the 'fit' in my hand.

Or are they more like "designer" clothes and accessories- just more
expensive with prices driven by collector/knife-snob appeal?

Not to me they are not. Strictly utilitarian.

I just happen to like them. It is all user choice. There are many cheaper
and more expensive lines. I have used cheaper knives but when the factory
edge rolled over on me I started thinking about if I was on an emergency
call and needed it could someones life depend on it?

--
Tekkie