Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

Default Europe to ban halogen lightbulbs

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 10:11:28 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Phi" wrote in message
news

"BurfordTJustice" wrote in message
news
You do not control your home..the government does, just like children

Europe to ban halogen lightbulbs

After nearly 60 years of lighting homes halogens will be replaced with
more
energy efficient LEDs

After nearly 60 years of brightening our homes and streets, halogen
lightbulbs will finally be banned across Europe on 1 September.

The lights will dim gradually for halogen. Remaining stocks may still be
sold, and capsules, linear and low voltage incandescents used in oven
lights
will be exempted. But a continent-wide switchover to light-emitting
diodes
(LEDs) is underway that will slash emissions and energy bills, according
industry, campaigners and experts.

LEDs consume five times less energy than halogen bulbs

oh they consume minus 4 times the amount do they?

where do I buy these energy creation machines?

Amazon, Sainsburys. Are you from the planet zog?

LED bulb 60W equivalent uses 9W.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DNDMQ9S/

They put them on offer every so often.

Instant on. Don't deteriorate anything like halogen or CFL. No mercury.
Easy guilt free disposal. Relatively cheap. True long life vs CFL lie.
Now come with proper approvals. Don't buy cheapies from China. YW.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,
punk ass dole whore troll, religious maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" wrote in
message news
wrote:

"Phi" wrote in message
[...]

this definitely earns you a
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooosh!

tim

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:26:23 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" wrote in
message news
wrote:

"Phi" wrote in message
[...]

Ah! grammar police. Bouffy got it cos he's clever.

tim

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,
punk ass dole whore troll, religious maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid. OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 12:27:35 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid. OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,

+1

Just shows how extreme some people can be. When LEDs cost $30, I didn't
use them, but when they are $3 and use 20 watts instead of 100, plus
they generate little heat, it's an obvious choice. And they do save
on energy usage, which helps the environment, utility costs, in ways
beyond just CO2.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:

this definitely earns you a
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooosh!

Ah! grammar police. Bouffy got it cos he's clever.

No, Semantics Police. They make the Grammar Police look like nursery
teachers.

--
Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 2018-08-24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid. OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,

I prefer the light given off by incandescent lights, don't need to save
the money (which would take years anyway), and love shoving it to liberal
hippie dirtbags. Hell, just to be a prick if plastic straws are banned
I'll bring my own to restaurants. **** the Left.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/24/2018 11:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

Forget climate change and regulation.Â* I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

I like the (LED) lights that are actually white, not the dirty yellow of
incandescents. Also, LED bulbs are plastic, not as fragile as the thin
glass.

To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid.Â* OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,

I do have a few halogen bulbs for places you can't use LED (or CFL),
like in the oven.

Incandescents are efficient if what you want is heat. I used to know
someone who used them for that purpose.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe." -- Carl Sagan (1934-1996) "Cosmos"
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 2018-08-24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid. OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,

I prefer the light given off by incandescent lights, don't need to save
the money (which would take years anyway), and love shoving it to liberal
hippie dirtbags. Hell, just to be a prick if plastic straws are banned
I'll bring my own to restaurants. **** the Left.

Yes, let your anger rule your life. Just another trumptard.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/24/2018 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

With cataracts forming white light is good. I don't need any more 'warm'.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/24/2018 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE
my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change
hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

With cataracts forming white light is good. I don't need any more 'warm'.

Dont get that effect myself, even tho I have been told I have cataracts
when I got the last eye test. Havent got any symptoms from them tho.

I dont like the very yellow Hue warm bulbs but dont have
any problem using rooms that are lit with just one of them.

I have noticed a couple of unusual effects lately like finding
it harder to see when walking into direct sunlight later in the
day when the sun is low and I am walking towards it. And
that I can see better with the sun visor down even when
driving with the sun behind me. Not clear if this second
one has always been true and I hadn't noticed it
previously or it s a new effect. Likely it is a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 15:59:04 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

FLUSH all the senile **** out of here again

Darn, and this thread was Rot-free so far! tsk

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 15:59:04 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/24/2018 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE
my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change
hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

With cataracts forming white light is good. I don't need any more 'warm'.

Donąt get that effect myself, even tho I have been told I have cataracts
when I got the last eye test. Havent got any symptoms from them tho.

I donąt like the very yellow Hue warm bulbs but donąt have
any problem using rooms that are lit with just one of them.

I have noticed a couple of unusual effects lately like finding
it harder to see when walking into direct sunlight later in the
day when the sun is low and I am walking towards it. And
that I can see better with the sun visor down even when
driving with the sun behind me. Not clear if this second
one has always been true and I hadn't noticed it
previously or it s a new effect. Likely it is a new one.

Having cataracts is not all that apparent until you have them removed.
Painless and quick.
--
Jim S
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 2018-08-24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid.Â* OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,

I prefer the light given off by incandescent lights, don't need to save
the money (which would take years anyway), and love shoving it to liberal
hippie dirtbags. Hell, just to be a prick if plastic straws are banned
I'll bring my own to restaurants. **** the Left.

Yes, let your anger rule your life. Just another trumptard.

Some people don't seem to realize that saving energy is important no
matter how much money you have.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]

I had cataract surgery and I don't think I actually needed it because it seemed the eye doctors had some sort of arrangement with the nursing home. My surgery was paid for by Medicaid/Medicare. I went from being very nearsighted all my life to being farsighted after cataract surgery. I must now wear 2X reading glasses so I can see my computer screen and keyboard. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Blind Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/24/2018 11:59 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
I have noticed a couple of unusual effects lately like finding
it harder to see when walking into direct sunlight later in the
day when the sun is low and I am walking towards it. And
that I can see better with the sun visor down even when
driving with the sun behind me. Not clear if this second
one has always been true and I hadn't noticed it
previously or it s a new effect. Likely it is a new one.

Yup. Doesn't get any better. I was at a street concert last night and
the sun was behind the stage. I had to find a shaded area to see
anything. The doc says the operation is no big deal but I'm good at
putting stuff off.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/25/2018 03:47 AM, Jim S wrote:
Having cataracts is not all that apparent until you have them removed.
Painless and quick.

There is a local artist that is known for his use of brilliant colors.
My eye doctor did a cataract operation on his wife. Afterward she said
she would here people saying how good he was at using color but never
could quite understand it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/25/2018 10:02 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I had cataract surgery and I don't think I actually needed it because it seemed the eye doctors had some sort of arrangement with the nursing home. My surgery was paid for by Medicaid/Medicare. I went from being very nearsighted all my life to being farsighted after cataract surgery. I must now wear 2X reading glasses so I can see my computer screen and keyboard. o_O

The last time I saw the eye doctor he said he could give me a new
prescription that would improve the vision in one eye a little but it
probably wasn't worth doing because it would be a whole different game
after cataract surgery.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

To keep using incans just to be arrogant is pretty stupid. OK in a
closet where there is no payback but other places I like to save money,

Shouldn't really use incans in a closet either...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

.. .

"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]

So what effect do you see when you get them removed ?

How much of a hassle is it that you no longer have a focussing lens ?

Painless and quick.

Yeah, no argument there.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

Mark Lloyd wrote
Jim S wrote

Having cataracts is not all that apparent until you have them removed.
Painless and quick.

I still remember the day my grandmother got the bandage off after cataract
surgery. She got excited about how red her roses were.

I don't have any problem with how red the stop lights and car tail lights
are.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/25/2018 01:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
So what effect do you see when you get them removed ?

How much of a hassle is it that you no longer have a focussing lens ?

An artificial lens is implanted in capsule. The newer technique that is
mostly used breaks up the lens with ultrasound and the pieces are
vacuumed out. The new lens is slipped in through the small incision. No
stitches or patch is required.

That's quite a bit different than the old days. I remember my uncle
wearing a aluminum patch for several days followed by coke bottle glasses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, when my optometrist proclaimed that I had cataracts
and tried to monster me into booking cataract surgery, I
asked my GP about it and he was very sceptical indeed
that most who get it done actually needed it done.

OTOH a mate of mine who tried glasses he borrowed
from his wife and others when he had trouble seeing
things properly, doesnt regret having it done.

My surgery was paid for by Medicaid/Medicare.

I could have it done that way or pay for it to be done
quicker. Very affordable, but since I dont get any
symptoms, havent bothered to do anything about it.

I went from being very nearsighted all my life

Yeah, I am too. I have always read with no glasses
but now the book has to be surprisingly close to read.

to being farsighted after cataract surgery. I must now wear 2X
reading glasses so I can see my computer screen and keyboard.

I have always used glasses for the computer screen and prefer the screen
further away than most, at the fingertips with the arm outstretched.
That isnt great when out driving with those glasses, you have to get
quite close to read street name signs and easy to miss house numbers.

Even worse with long distance driving at night, even quite bit signs
come into focus at the last minute and its then to late to read.
I dont get that effect in the daytimes, presumably the iris is more
dilated at night.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/24/2018 11:59 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
I have noticed a couple of unusual effects lately like finding
it harder to see when walking into direct sunlight later in the
day when the sun is low and I am walking towards it. And
that I can see better with the sun visor down even when
driving with the sun behind me. Not clear if this second
one has always been true and I hadn't noticed it
previously or it s a new effect. Likely it is a new one.

Yup. Doesn't get any better. I was at a street concert last night and the
sun was behind the stage. I had to find a shaded area to see anything. The
doc says the operation is no big deal but I'm good at putting stuff off.

Yeah, I am too, particularly with stuff like that where
there is a small possibility of ending up much worse.

Of all the things I'd regret losing most its sight.
The rest like hearing and even speech is much
easier to do without.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 05:46:57 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

I still remember the day my grandmother got the bandage off after cataract
surgery. She got excited about how red her roses were.

I don't have any problem with how red the stop lights and car tail lights
are.

Thanks for letting us know, senile Rot! VBG

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shippe the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 05:33:28 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Painless and quick.

Yeah, no argument there.

WHAT? Are you sick today, Rot, you abnormal quarrelsome Ozzie bitch? LOL

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 05:59:13 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Even worse with long distance driving at night, even quite bit signs
come into focus at the last minute and its then to late to read.
I donąt get that effect in the daytimes, presumably the iris is more
dilated at night.

Your GOB is ALWAYS dilated, night AND day, Rot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 06:06:05 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Yeah, I am too, particularly with stuff like that where
there is a small possibility of ending up much worse.

Of all the things I'd regret losing most its sight.
The rest like hearing and even speech is much
easier to do without.

Trying everything now to get your foot in the Yankie group, after the Brits
in the British group realized what's the matter with you, Rot? LOL

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/25/2018 01:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
So what effect do you see when you get them removed ?

How much of a hassle is it that you no longer have a focussing lens ?

An artificial lens is implanted in capsule. The newer technique that is
mostly used breaks up the lens with ultrasound and the pieces are vacuumed
out. The new lens is slipped in through the small incision. No stitches or
patch is required.

That's quite a bit different than the old days. I remember my uncle
wearing a aluminum patch for several days followed by coke bottle glasses.

I meant how much of a hassle is it that you need glasses for any
reading and for the computer screen etc. When you are short
sighted the most you have to do is not use any glasses at all
for reading or for say looking at the label on something you
are considering buying in the store etc. Sure, there are real
downsides with the labels on the shelves in the supermarket
where you can't just take the glasses off to read them, but
with that rather unusual thing you can just take a photo
of the label with the phone and take your glasses off to
read the photo on the phone.

Yes, after the cataract operation you may well be able
to drive without glasses, but is there then a problem
with reading the stuff like the clock on the dash and
the odo on the dash, or the dash screens in new cars.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/25/2018 09:58 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Yes, after the cataract operation you may well be able
to drive without glasses, but is there then a problem
with reading the stuff like the clock on the dash and
the odo on the dash, or the dash screens in new cars.

The artificial lenses have a multi-focal option. I used multi-focal
contacts for a number of years and they worked well for me but I believe
there are drawbacks to the multi lenses.

I spend a lot of time staring at computer screens at work. I have a pair
of bifocals that never worked well in that context so at work I usually
take them off. The contacts solved that problem. There were tradeoffs
near and far but both were still acceptable.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 13:58:42 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

are considering buying in the store etc. Sure, there are real
downsides with the labels on the shelves in the supermarket
where you can't just take the glasses off to read them, but
with that rather unusual thing you can just take a photo
of the label with the phone and take your glasses off to
read the photo on the phone.

Yes, after the cataract operation you may well be able
to drive without glasses, but is there then a problem
with reading the stuff like the clock on the dash and
the odo on the dash, or the dash screens in new cars.

Tip for you, senile cretin: spend less time trolling on Usenet in your old
age and your eye sight will most likely stop deteriorating or even get
better again!

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

On 8/26/2018 1:49 AM, rbowman wrote:

I spend a lot of time staring at computer screens at work. I have a pair
of bifocals that never worked well in that context so at work I usually
take them off. The contacts solved that problem. There were tradeoffs
near and far but both were still acceptable.

I wear progressive lenses. Been wearing glasses for 65 years and have
no desire to even try putting in a contact lens.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

Ed Pawlowski wrote
rbowman wrote

I spend a lot of time staring at computer screens at work. I have
a pair of bifocals that never worked well in that context so at
work I usually take them off. The contacts solved that problem.
There were tradeoffs near and far but both were still acceptable.

I wear progressive lenses.

I don't find they work very well, because quite a bit
of the time, what I want to see clearly isnt in the
same place in my field of view for where that is.

Where I have the computer screen is the same
place I need to see house numbers for example.

So since I am short sighted I find it more convenient
to have single focus lenses that do the best for the
computer screen and read stuff like labels with no
glasses. And have a different set of single focus
glasses when driving more than just locally for
a few minutes.

Been wearing glasses for 65 years and have
no desire to even try putting in a contact lens.

Me neither.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/26/2018 07:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2018 1:49 AM, rbowman wrote:

I spend a lot of time staring at computer screens at work. I have a
pair of bifocals that never worked well in that context so at work I
usually take them off. The contacts solved that problem. There were
tradeoffs near and far but both were still acceptable.

I wear progressive lenses. Been wearing glasses for 65 years and have
no desire to even try putting in a contact lens.

Those were progressive bifocals. When looking at a computer screen on a
desktop I would be looking through the distance correction area instead
of the closeup area at the bottom of the lens.

Conversely, when going down stairs or, worse, a rocky slope with
unstable footing, I'd be looking through the closeup reading area.

I always considered contacts as something for high school girls but then
the dime dropped. You don't have rain running down your contacts. You
don't have them fogging up when you're snowshoeing or just hiking in
cold weather. At first I wore single vision when I was outdoors. Then
the optometrist gave me a sample set of multi-focals to try. They don't
work for everyone but they worked for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

On 8/26/2018 3:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

You
don't have them fogging up when you're snowshoeing or just hiking in
cold weather.

That is easily prevented. I've avoided that problem for years.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/26/2018 02:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2018 3:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

You don't have them fogging up when you're snowshoeing or just hiking
in cold weather.

That is easily prevented. I've avoided that problem for years.

Being outside in cold weather?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/26/2018 02:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2018 3:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

You don't have them fogging up when you're snowshoeing or just hiking
in cold weather.

That is easily prevented. I've avoided that problem for years.

Being outside in cold weather?

Mine don't fog up in cold weather and I do a lot of that in winter.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 08:11:00 +1000, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:
r.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

On 08/26/2018 04:11 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/26/2018 02:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2018 3:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

You don't have them fogging up when you're snowshoeing or just hiking
in cold weather.

That is easily prevented. I've avoided that problem for years.

Being outside in cold weather?

Mine don't fog up in cold weather and I do a lot of that in winter.

I guess I need to find those fog free lenses then. I do have Pinlock
inserts on a couple of my helmets:

https://pinlock.com/what-is-a-pinlock-visor/

Otherwise when hot, humid air hits a 20 degree F object you get
condensation.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/26/2018 02:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2018 3:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

You don't have them fogging up when you're snowshoeing or just hiking
in cold weather.

That is easily prevented. I've avoided that problem for years.

Being outside in cold weather?

Mine don't fog up in cold weather and I do a lot of that in winter.

I guess I need to find those fog free lenses then.

Nothing to do with the lenses. Mine only ever
fog up when I open the dishwasher just after its
finished with my head over where the door opens.

I do have Pinlock inserts on a couple of my helmets:

https://pinlock.com/what-is-a-pinlock-visor/

Otherwise when hot, humid air hits a 20 degree F object you get
condensation.

Presumably the problem is that you breath thru your
mouth instead of yours nose in cold weather. I don't.