Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Europe to ban halogen lightbulbs

Ed Pawlowski wrote
rbowman wrote

I spend a lot of time staring at computer screens at work. I have
a pair of bifocals that never worked well in that context so at
work I usually take them off. The contacts solved that problem.
There were tradeoffs near and far but both were still acceptable.

I wear progressive lenses.

I don't find they work very well, because quite a bit
of the time, what I want to see clearly isnt in the
same place in my field of view for where that is.

Where I have the computer screen is the same
place I need to see house numbers for example.

So since I am short sighted I find it more convenient
to have single focus lenses that do the best for the
computer screen and read stuff like labels with no
glasses. And have a different set of single focus
glasses when driving more than just locally for
a few minutes.

Been wearing glasses for 65 years and have
no desire to even try putting in a contact lens.

Me neither.