Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk,alt.comp.freeware
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Europe to ban halogen lightbulbs

On 08/24/2018 10:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/24/2018 12:05 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

I still use the eeevil old incandescent lamps and have enough stocked
up that I'll still be using them even if banned. My favorites are the
100 watt bulbs and the 3-ways that can be cranked up to 150 watts. Then
there are the high-wattage exterior lights. Between inside and outside
I'm probably using a good couple of kilowatts to light the house up at
night - and loving it. (I'm always on the lookout for ways to INCREASE my
"carbon footprint" - **** the EU and the other climate change hucksters.)

Forget climate change and regulation. I use LED because I like the
light quality better and they do have a payback.

With cataracts forming white light is good. I don't need any more 'warm'.