Posted to alt.home.repair
JBI JBI is offline

Default any way to replace keyless drill chuck with a keyed one?

I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but
I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible
to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 4:39:54 PM UTC-5, JBI wrote:
I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but
I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible
to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.

You should be able to unscrew the chuck using some water pump pliers (Channellock pliers). I've had to stick a nail into the fan blades to keep the motor from turning. Good luck. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Chuck Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/12/2018 4:39 PM, JBI wrote:
I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck,
but I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application.Â* Is it
possible to replace the keyless chuck with keyed?Â* Thank you.

Yes .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:39:50 -0400, JBI wrote:

I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but
I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible
to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.

L H T ...

left hand thread

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:39:50 -0400, JBI wrote:

I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but
I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible
to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Power+D...lacement/75418

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/12/2018 03:39 PM, JBI wrote:
I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but
I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible
to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.

Yes. The question you should be asking is if you can buy a keyed chuck
cheaper than another cheap Walmart drill that already has one.