Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default any way to replace keyless drill chuck with a keyed one?

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:36:44 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 6/12/2018 5:18 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:39:50 -0400, JBI wrote:

I have a cheap, Walmart type hammer drill that has a keyless chuck, but
I need to have a keyed chuck for a certain application. Is it possible
to replace the keyless chuck with keyed? Thank you.

L H T ...

left hand thread

Is that the chuck or the lock screw inside ? Hint : lock an allen wrench
in the chuck (after removing the lock screw inside) and whack it with a
mallet to break it loose . If the screw is LHT , the chuck will be RHT ,
and vice versa .

yep - you're right - small screw is LHT -
actual chuck screw is RHT - thanks.
I just re-read the manual for my brand new $ 50.
hammer drill 1/2 " 6 amp corded
50 piece accessory kit included ; 3 year warranty ;
Canadian dollars even ..
.... I know I know but I'll probably use it about
once per year or so ...
John T.