Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Improvement Tip from Consumer Reports

https://www.consumerreports.org/soci...quit-facebook/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/22/2018 11:27 AM, Walt's Plumbing wrote:
https://www.consumerreports.org/soci...quit-facebook/

Would but only place I see certain family members and friends.
Recent data thing is BS as FB has been feeding it to other party for years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:05:11 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 3/22/2018 11:27 AM, Walt's Plumbing wrote:
https://www.consumerreports.org/soci...quit-facebook/

Would but only place I see certain family members and friends.
Recent data thing is BS as FB has been feeding it to other party for years.

My dog has a facebook account and he tells me what my friends and
family are up to. I do not appear there anywhere although Facebook
does sniff cookies from my machine. That is all the more reason to
reject 3d party cookies and delete as many of the cookies sites drop
on you as you can when you close the session. I understand most sites
pretty much require cookies to operate but you usually do not need to
save them. Deleting cookies on a close is a browser setting.
You have to remember, the only reason Facebook, Google, Instagram and
the other "free" apps exist is to gather data about you that they can
sell.