Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Public Bathroom questions

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:08:16 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:45:03 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

It's absolutely useless. The best it can do is make it so you can only
see from the dark side into the light side. So people who put them on
their windows get privacy during the day, but as soon as they turn on
the TV or some room lights, they get the opposite.

I used to live in Fort Worth, Texas. In the middle of town there is a
tall building where the outside is almost all glass. During the day,
it's a mirror outside (and so looks blue). At night, you can see people
working late.

BTW, there is NO grass on that block. Everything except the building is
covered not by concrete, but tile. That tile is VERRRY slippery when wet.

I've found that when people use indoor tiles for their garden path. Completely unsuitable.

Even indoor floor tile has no business being slippery when wet. Indoor
tile won't last long outdoors, either.

You'd think there
would be a way to make a substance which blocked photons in only one
direction, but a physicist once told me it was inherently impossible (as
far as we know with current technology....)

Perhaps if we had robots no bigger that photons, but that may be
impossible too.

Surly a structure could be made that is different in one direction? Hell we can make LEDs...

LEDs aren't different in one direction. Shine a light on them and
they'll make electricity. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/18/2018 08:06 PM, wrote:

[snip]

LEDs aren't different in one direction. Shine a light on them and
they'll make electricity. ;-)

I actually did this once, replacing a microphone on a tape recorder. It
was interesting to listen to the lights people think are on continuously.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in
human potential, not God..." [Gloria Steinem, Saturday Review of
Education, March 1973]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/18/2018 8:32 AM, Jim wrote:
What I don't understand is why people want to keep dangerous animals
on our planet.* Goats I don't consider dangerous, but the
environMENTALists who want to protect tigers?* WTF?* Tigers can and
want to kill humans.* Bears can and want to kill humans.

Maybe animals want to kill humans because humans are slowly destroying
Earth.

I would if I were an animal....oh wait, I'm an American, according to
some (ehem....Brits) we are savage animals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes that's confusing in the UK, when I go canoeing on the Caledonian
canal, boats coming the other way try to pass me on the right, but since
I'm in the UK, I keep thinking it's left. I usually just wait to see
which way they go.

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:47:24 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

I believe you really can't get enough of the filthy gay Scottish ******'s
cock, lowbrowman! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:51:21 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 3/18/2018 8:32 AM, Jim wrote:
What I don't understand is why people want to keep dangerous animals
on our planet.* Goats I don't consider dangerous, but the
environMENTALists who want to protect tigers?* WTF?* Tigers can and
want to kill humans.* Bears can and want to kill humans.

Maybe animals want to kill humans because humans are slowly destroying
Earth.

I would if I were an animal....oh wait, I'm an American, according to
some (ehem....Brits) we are savage animals.

Well you do go around shooting each other.

Yep, everyday I need my fix to search for a target and shoot someone on
the streets. I'm just an animal, dammit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 21:47:24 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Yes that's confusing in the UK, when I go canoeing on the Caledonian
canal, boats coming the other way try to pass me on the right, but since
I'm in the UK, I keep thinking it's left. I usually just wait to see
which way they go.

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

Only if you're on the boat. If you're looking at the other boat its the
right side.

Were you driving the Andrea Doria?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:32:13 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Were you driving the Andrea Doria?

He's riding YOU, you senile oaf! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Senile Yanks Alert!

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:27:15 -0400, Meanie, another driveling senile Yank,
wrote:

Yep, everyday I need my fix to search for a target and shoot someone on
the streets. I'm just an animal, dammit.

No, you aren't. You are just a mentally challenged troll-feeding idiot!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

[snip]

Surely it doesn't have to be that complicated, just have a substance
with it's molecules ligned [1] up a certain way so photons bounce off
one side and go through the other.

They also have to go through so the people behind the glass can still
see out.

That is light entering the glass from outside has to be split, with some
reflected and some transmitted. 100% of the light entering the glass
from inside is absorbed.

A similar thing I think of is "Maxwell's Air Conditioner", glass that
sorts air molecules by how energetic they are.

This also reminds me of a fictional material called "slow glass". While
the physical thickness of it could be less than a quarter inch, the
optical thickness is ten (light) years. It could be left out in a field
for 10 years and then moved to a windowless room, where you could see
the field for the next 10 years.

Slow makes more sense, I thought you wrote snow.* I must have been
looking out of the window at the time.* Why have I had more snow in
spring than winter?* Global warming my arse.

Some people don't seem to notice that the word "global" has a meaning.

That should theoretically be possible.* Light does after all slow down
in glass.

[1] Since we write "aligned" I wanted to write "ligned", so I did.* I'm
helping the evolution of the English language.

We do seem to be improving some things, like not writing "mustache"
ending with "-ios".

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in
human potential, not God..." [Gloria Steinem, Saturday Review of
Education, March 1973]
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:13:53 -0500, Mark Lloyd, the troll-feeding cretin,
wrote:

We do seem to be improving some things, like not writing "mustache"
ending with "-ios".

You DO know that now sound about as retarded and idiotic as the retarded
idiotic troll that you keep feeding, you cretin? LMAO
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:47:24 -0600, rbowman

Yes that's confusing in the UK, when I go canoeing on the Caledonian
canal, boats coming the other way try to pass me on the right, but since
I'm in the UK, I keep thinking it's left. I usually just wait to see
which way they go.

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

But, but, but, canoes have two pointy ends!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:38:41 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:32:13 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 21:47:24 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Yes that's confusing in the UK, when I go canoeing on the Caledonian
canal, boats coming the other way try to pass me on the right, but since
I'm in the UK, I keep thinking it's left. I usually just wait to see
which way they go.

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

Only if you're on the boat. If you're looking at the other boat its the
right side.

Were you driving the Andrea Doria?

The Swedish should have known better, the Italians always have right of way.

The Brits should have known better. Icebergs always have the right of
way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 20:35:41 -0400, , another senile,
troll-feeding retarded Yank, wrote:

The Brits should have known better. Icebergs always have the right of
way.

All you senile Yanks still need to learn: the gay filthy Scottish ****** and
troll always has every right over you! BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/18/2018 8:32 AM, Jim wrote:
What I don't understand is why people want to keep dangerous animals
on our planet. Goats I don't consider dangerous, but the
environMENTALists who want to protect tigers? WTF? Tigers can and
want to kill humans. Bears can and want to kill humans.

Maybe animals want to kill humans because humans are slowly destroying
Earth.

I would if I were an animal....oh wait, I'm an American, according to
some (ehem....Brits) we are savage animals.

Well you do go around shooting each other.

When necessary, sure. Better than being cowed, like Europeons (or
worse, a sub-Europeon Brit).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 22:21:15 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:33:28 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 03/18/2018 08:06 PM, wrote:

[snip]

LEDs aren't different in one direction. Shine a light on them and
they'll make electricity. ;-)

I actually did this once, replacing a microphone on a tape recorder. It
was interesting to listen to the lights people think are on continuously.

What?

No, watt!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If it's for around a swimming pool, you can get grippy ones, but most kitchen floor tiles are slippery when wet. As they aren't usually wet. Just how often do you spill stuff?

I'm sure Brits never wash floors but it's rather common to wash
kitchen floors on this side of the pond.

Indoor tile won't last long outdoors, either.

No tiles work outdoors.

Wrong, as always.

You'd think there
would be a way to make a substance which blocked photons in only one
direction, but a physicist once told me it was inherently impossible (as
far as we know with current technology....)

Perhaps if we had robots no bigger that photons, but that may be
impossible too.

Surly a structure could be made that is different in one direction? Hell we can make LEDs...

LEDs aren't different in one direction. Shine a light on them and
they'll make electricity. ;-)

Er no.

Er, wrong, as always. You really don't know jack, do you? Typical
lefty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That was Irish not British.

While the Prods in Belfast might have built it, a Brit was driving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1943_film)

The German version was White Star's stock was tanking and Ismay demanded
that the captain set a speed record for the crossing to try to prop it
up. Sounds right to me.

As trivia, a German KDF cruise liner, the Cap Arcona, was used forthe
filming. It was later pressed into service and was transporting prison
inmate from the east ahead of the Soviet troops. Although the Swedish
Red Cross had informed Britain that the ship was filled with prisoners
somehow the RAF didn't get the memo and sank the ship on May 3, 1945,
one day before Germany's unconditional surrender. Any lifeboats that
managed to get away were machine gunned by the pilots. An estimated 5000
people died.

I understand DiCaprio will soon star in a movie about the sinking which
caused a much greater loss of life than the Titanic fiasco. In some
alternate universe that is.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usage.english

Some people are gullible fools who have let the treehuggers take over
the world.

Nothing wrong with hugging trees...

https://ironlight.wordpress.com/2010...al-protection/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But it was stated that it was iceberg proof. This will have been done by the manufacturers, who were Irish.

But the one who didn't yield was the driver. The Irish may have been
drunk but a Brit murdered 1500 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1943_film)

The German version was White Star's stock was tanking and Ismay demanded
that the captain set a speed record for the crossing to try to prop it
up. Sounds right to me.

As trivia, a German KDF cruise liner, the Cap Arcona, was used forthe
filming. It was later pressed into service and was transporting prison
inmate from the east ahead of the Soviet troops. Although the Swedish
Red Cross had informed Britain that the ship was filled with prisoners
somehow the RAF didn't get the memo and sank the ship on May 3, 1945,
one day before Germany's unconditional surrender. Any lifeboats that
managed to get away were machine gunned by the pilots. An estimated 5000
people died.

5000 *prisoners* died. Why should I care?

I understand DiCaprio will soon star in a movie about the sinking which
caused a much greater loss of life than the Titanic fiasco. In some
alternate universe that is.

He stars in stuff because he's cute.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:38:46 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:34:34 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:47:24 -0600, rbowman

Yes that's confusing in the UK, when I go canoeing on the Caledonian
canal, boats coming the other way try to pass me on the right, but since
I'm in the UK, I keep thinking it's left. I usually just wait to see
which way they go.

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

But, but, but, canoes have two pointy ends!

My touring canoe is pointier at the front.

I don't believe you. You've shown no indication you ever know what
you're doing or which way you're going.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/18/2018 8:32 AM, Jim wrote:
What I don't understand is why people want to keep dangerous animals
on our planet. Goats I don't consider dangerous, but the
environMENTALists who want to protect tigers? WTF? Tigers can and
want to kill humans. Bears can and want to kill humans.

Maybe animals want to kill humans because humans are slowly destroying
Earth.

I would if I were an animal....oh wait, I'm an American, according to
some (ehem....Brits) we are savage animals.

Well you do go around shooting each other.

When necessary, sure. Better than being cowed,

But because we aren't surrounded by gun wielding nutters, we're not afraid of that.

Really?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39578500

like Europeons (or worse, a sub-Europeon Brit).

We just left that silly little rule-imposing club.

Not only didn't you leave but they now own your ass and you have no
say in the matter.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/03/19/surrender-uk-and-eu-reach-brexit-transition-deal-britain-to-obey-all-brussels-laws-no-control-of-fisheries/

Your government bent you right over the rail on that one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just how dirty do your floors get?

Not as dirty as yours, obviously.

And they dry off fairly quickly anyway. Just don't sprint across them after washing. What do you think these are for?
http://www.safetysign.com/products/2...p7jzsplnlzbpjp

Lawyers and idiot Brit architects.

Indoor tile won't last long outdoors, either.

No tiles work outdoors.

Wrong, as always.

Concrete, tarmac, monoblock are for outdoors, they're grippy.

Tile is perfectly acceptable outdoors, as long as it's designed for
the purpose.

You'd think there
would be a way to make a substance which blocked photons in only one
direction, but a physicist once told me it was inherently impossible (as
far as we know with current technology....)

Perhaps if we had robots no bigger that photons, but that may be
impossible too.

Surly a structure could be made that is different in one direction? Hell we can make LEDs...

LEDs aren't different in one direction. Shine a light on them and
they'll make electricity. ;-)

Er no.

Er, wrong, as always

I wonder why solar panels aren't made of LEDs....

You really are stupid, aren't you? Hint: Answer, "YES, I AM!".

You really don't know jack, do you? Typical lefty.

I'm an extreme right wing racist **** thankyou very much.

Drop the "right wing" part and add a coma after "****", and you're
close. English isn't your strong suit, either, is it limey?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, he was told by the Irish builders that the boat could handle it. The Irish were wrong.

Only a Brit would:

1) Listen to the Irish
2) Believe he was stronger than an iceberg
3) Believe that any limey was smarter than an iceberg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:34:34 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:47:24 -0600, rbowman

Yes that's confusing in the UK, when I go canoeing on the Caledonian
canal, boats coming the other way try to pass me on the right, but since
I'm in the UK, I keep thinking it's left. I usually just wait to see
which way they go.

I believe oncoming boats pass portside to portside universally. That's
the left side when you're facing the pointy end.

But, but, but, canoes have two pointy ends!

My touring canoe is pointier at the front.

I don't believe you. You've shown no indication you ever know what
you're doing or which way you're going.

It's something like this:
https://www.cornwall-canoes.co.uk/pe...on-scooter.htm
Since you usually go forwards in a canoe, why make the rear end aero (er water) dynamic?
This type of canoe seems to be much more stable, it doesn't try to turn for no apparent reason.

English isn't your first language, is it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/18/2018 8:32 AM, Jim wrote:
What I don't understand is why people want to keep dangerous animals
on our planet. Goats I don't consider dangerous, but the
environMENTALists who want to protect tigers? WTF? Tigers can and
want to kill humans. Bears can and want to kill humans.

Maybe animals want to kill humans because humans are slowly destroying
Earth.

I would if I were an animal....oh wait, I'm an American, according to
some (ehem....Brits) we are savage animals.

Well you do go around shooting each other.

When necessary, sure. Better than being cowed,

But because we aren't surrounded by gun wielding nutters, we're not
afraid of that.

like Europeons (or worse, a sub-Europeon Brit).

We just left that silly little rule-imposing club.

No you didn't. May is going to sell you down the river like Uncle Tom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

But it was stated that it was iceberg proof. This will have been done
by the manufacturers, who were Irish.

Belfast... Northern Ireland is the home of Scot Presbyterians who were
to stupid to make it in Scotland. Cromwell had to do something with the
idiots.

5000 *prisoners* died. Why should I care?

Survive the German prison camps only to be killed by the RAF? Yeah, why
should you care any more than you care about the firebombing of Dresden.
That drunk Churchill should have been in the dock at Nurenberg with the
rest of the war criminals.

Posted to alt.home.repair

No, he was told by the Irish builders that the boat could handle it.
The Irish were wrong.

More fool him to believe some orange *******. At least he had enough
honor to ride it to the bottom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's something like this:
https://www.cornwall-canoes.co.uk/pe...on-scooter.htm
Since you usually go forwards in a canoe, why make the rear end aero (er
water) dynamic?
This type of canoe seems to be much more stable, it doesn't try to turn
for no apparent reason.

You do know the difference between a canoe and a kayak, don't you?

https://oldtowncanoe.johnsonoutdoors...overy-sport-15

The stern is where the outboard goes. Only fools and Indians try to
paddle the damn things upwind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:25:51 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

While the Prods in Belfast might have built it, a Brit was driving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(1943_film)

FLUSH all the never-ending senile drivel

People in your old people's home refusing to talk to you today again, you
driveling senile idiot? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 21:43:40 -0400, wrote:

But the one who didn't yield was the driver. The Irish may have been
drunk but a Brit murdered 1500 people.

....and a senile Yank keeps feeding the filthiest troll around! ****ing
HILARIOUS!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:03:05 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

More fool him to believe some orange *******. At least he had enough
honor to ride it to the bottom.

Isn't it time for the nurse in your old people's home to appear with her
syringe for you, lowbrowman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:00:27 -0600, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Survive the German prison camps only to be killed by the RAF? Yeah, why
should you care any more than you care about the firebombing of Dresden.
That drunk Churchill should have been in the dock at Nurenberg with the
rest of the war criminals.

All I see is that your toothless gob is firmly docked onto the gay Scottish
******'s cock, lowbrowman!