Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Public Bathroom questions

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:58:53 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:49:59 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 22:20:56 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 01:06:33 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:08:16 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:45:03 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

It's absolutely useless. The best it can do is make it so you can only
see from the dark side into the light side. So people who put them on
their windows get privacy during the day, but as soon as they turn on
the TV or some room lights, they get the opposite.

I used to live in Fort Worth, Texas. In the middle of town there is a
tall building where the outside is almost all glass. During the day,
it's a mirror outside (and so looks blue). At night, you can see people
working late.

BTW, there is NO grass on that block. Everything except the building is
covered not by concrete, but tile. That tile is VERRRY slippery when wet.

I've found that when people use indoor tiles for their garden path. Completely unsuitable.

Even indoor floor tile has no business being slippery when wet.

If it's for around a swimming pool, you can get grippy ones, but most kitchen floor tiles are slippery when wet. As they aren't usually wet. Just how often do you spill stuff?

I'm sure Brits never wash floors but it's rather common to wash
kitchen floors on this side of the pond.

Just how dirty do your floors get?

Not as dirty as yours, obviously.

And they dry off fairly quickly anyway. Just don't sprint across them after washing. What do you think these are for?
http://www.safetysign.com/products/2...p7jzsplnlzbpjp

Lawyers and idiot Brit architects.

Indoor tile won't last long outdoors, either.

No tiles work outdoors.

Wrong, as always.

Concrete, tarmac, monoblock are for outdoors, they're grippy.

Tile is perfectly acceptable outdoors, as long as it's designed for
the purpose.

You'd think there
would be a way to make a substance which blocked photons in only one
direction, but a physicist once told me it was inherently impossible (as
far as we know with current technology....)

Perhaps if we had robots no bigger that photons, but that may be
impossible too.

Surly a structure could be made that is different in one direction? Hell we can make LEDs...

LEDs aren't different in one direction. Shine a light on them and
they'll make electricity. ;-)

Er no.

Er, wrong, as always

I wonder why solar panels aren't made of LEDs....

You really are stupid, aren't you? Hint: Answer, "YES, I AM!".

You really don't know jack, do you? Typical lefty.

I'm an extreme right wing racist **** thankyou very much.

Drop the "right wing" part and add a coma after "****", and you're
close. English isn't your strong suit, either, is it limey?